Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Cleaning blenders - difficult?
Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: August 01, 2008 11:18AM

I am thinking of saving up for a blender - I have read many of the threads on the subject and think that I might like a vitamix, newGena Pro or a blendtec express.

Could anyone tell me how easy or difficult these machines are to clean.

I have an aged cheapo food processor with a blender attachment and the annoying thing with that is that you cannot get at the blades and consequently with thick foods you cannot get all the mixture out very easily. Then cleaning is also difficult.

Your experiences of these blenders would be appreciated thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cleaning blenders - difficult?
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: August 01, 2008 01:27PM

flipperjan Wrote:
------------------------------------------------------
>
> Could anyone tell me how easy or difficult these
> machines are to clean.
I have a Vita-Mix, and it's very easy to
clean. I never use soap, just rinse off and towel dry....WY

Posted by: rawbryan ()
Date: August 02, 2008 06:04PM

I have used EVERY blender on the market the best is Blendtec! The SINGLE BLADE design does NOT HIDE or waste food/ingredients like the flimsy annoying Vita Mix! The Vita Mix has a 4 prong blade that is thin, cheap and hides all the food/ingredients! So you end up wasting it and it is a pain to clean too the jug is too big and heavy, the lid also has tons of food/ingredients stuck to it and wastes more. The Blendtec Blender does not do that and is VERY EASY TO CLEAN they have the best most pro design and Jamba Juice and Starbucks(I don't go to these) uses only the Blendtec in all their stores for example and for good reason it is the best!

I sell the Blendtec for only $350 on my website this includes shipping/handling/tax and I only recommend what I feel is the BEST in quality, value and price. I have taught a lot of RAW Classes and EVERYONE buys the Blendtec after they see it and use it many people return their Vita Mix and buy the Blendtec and the only reason why they got the Vita Mix was because they did not know about the Blendtec or they were just following the crowd...why is it that no serious kitchen or retail store uses Vita Mix they all use Blendtec and yet all the RAW Foodists love and use Vita Mix??? Makes no sense...so I am trying to show people the best blender and value! It is available on my website and you should check out theirs too:

rawinten.com blendtec.com

Bryan Au

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: August 02, 2008 06:31PM

rawbryan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> why is it that no serious kitchen or retail store
uses Vita Mix they all use Blendtec and yet all the
RAW Foodists love and use Vita Mix???
Jamba Juice and Starbucks probably use Blendtec
because of the programmable cycles, plus it's cheaper than the
Vita-Mix. Also, Vita-Mix has been around much longer. Long-time
Raw Foodists get used to their Blender and stay with it, even
though there may be something better on the market. I know I've
grown very fond of my Vita-Prep 3, and wouldn't change at this
point. I like the manual controls....WY

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables