Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
*Master Cleanse*
Posted by: ksandberg2002 ()
Date: November 20, 2008 06:07PM

Has anyone had "success" on the Master Cleanse by Stanley Burroughs?

I WANT to do it but everytime I start I can't seem to get past Day 2.

Even in just 2 days I get fantastic results BUT I fall off the lemon wagon : (

It has been mentioned that AFTER completing the cleanse, it's a lot easier to transition to a raw lifestyle : )

I and many others on this forum would love to hear about your journey and success on the Master Cleanse! PLEASE SHARE?

love,

kim

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: *Master Cleanse*
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: November 20, 2008 06:49PM

if your body is rejecting it after 2 days id say listen to your body

personally i dont think ingesting irritants like salt/cayenne and refined sugars like maple syrup .. even with lemons is a good idea

its no wonder people get such harsh diareah ..massive headaches ..vomiting and nausea ...and then wrap these symptoms up as saying its detox ! umm YEA ..the body is trying to purge the toxins you just ingested lol

i think you would be better served doing juices or smoothies and setting realistic goals to eating raw foods instead of trying to overcome years of bad habits in just a few days

just my 2 cents smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: November 20, 2008 07:14PM

I agree with Jodi. It's far better to decide for yourself what
ingredients you want to use for a good Cleanse. Almost anything
would be an improvement on Burrough's 'Master Cleanser'......WY

Date: November 20, 2008 08:23PM

Is there a raw food way to detox...say juice fasting, does that work better? I want to give my digestive system a break. But I don't want to "not" get enough vitamins and minerals while doing a "liquid" diet. Is there a rule of thumb to follow as far as certain fruits/veggies for the juice fast?

I love green smoothies but does blending them make your digestive system work harder...should I juice them instead?

I have a juicer & a Vitamix so anything goes...any recommendations?

Sincerely,

kim

Date: November 20, 2008 08:51PM

without really knowing what fruits/veggies you like its kinda hard to say

if you want to give your digestive system a break then a water fast would be the go but is not reccomended for people unsupervised and not knowing how to do it correctly .. and probably too harsh for first time fasters

over 10-14 days i wouldnt worry too much about minerals/vitamins .. you will get plenty from juice and smoothies

if it were my first time again ..or say i went backto eating really SAD for a time period i would...

do fiber filled smoothies for a 3-4 days to help start mvoing things along in my guts .. ..then thin down to juicing for 3-4 days ..to rest my guts but still take in nutrients for healing .. then water for 3-4 days to completely give digestion a break .. then back to juices for 3-4 days to start introducing nutrients back into the system then back to smoothies for 3-4 days to increase fiber, nutrients and get stomach intestine flora working again ...

this whole way would be 12-16 days and would probably make you feel pretty good afterwards and wouldnt leave you feeling starving / stressed like the MC

i kinda of eat like this on regular basis except i generally only water fast occaisionally when im feeling low./sick

and example would be

solid raw foods 3-4 days
smoothies 3-4 days
juicing 3-4 days
water 3-4 days
juicing 3-4 days
smoothies 3-4 days
solid raw foods 3-4 days

i have followed this kinda of regimented thinking for months at a time and felt very good ... ive also just gone willy nilly an just smoothies, juiced, solid foods everyday and felt just dandy too .. try things out an see what works for you smiling smiley

the important thing to know about fasting .. any fast is that how you break it is just important as how you start it ... going from strait water fast to eating solid foods often makes people sick / uncomfortable ..its too harsh .. going into it gentle and coming off of it gentle is better in my opinion smiling smiley

some fruits / veggies dont blend well together for some people so you have to figure this out yourself ... personally i cant do cucumbers with sweet fruits i turn into a fart machine smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2008 09:00PM by Jgunn.

Date: November 20, 2008 10:13PM

i wanted to add to that fasting mid month during the time when the moon is at its sliver (the brightest 3-4 days of the month generally fall around 13-16th) if practiced by many cultures even today .. indian, india , muslim , buddah , jewish etc ...

not entirely sure about the astrological implications or effects but theres lots of stuff on the internet about it

it might be too woo woo foryou but alot of people around the world follow this type of eating to cycles .. smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2008 10:25PM by Jgunn.

Date: November 21, 2008 02:50PM

That's actually sounds great Jgunn....I do believe in that kind of stuff : )

Date: November 21, 2008 02:51PM

And I really LOVE your advice....where do you get all this great knowledge?!

Date: November 21, 2008 05:29PM

aww thanks ! well hmmmm .. over 5 years .. lots of reading , research , asking questions (even the dumb ones !! ..actually especially the dumb ones tongue sticking out smiley ), lots of trial .. TONS of errors haha, and being open minded to the other connnections in life that are responsible for good health smiling smiley food is just a part of the pie

nutrition health - are you eating the best you can at the mometn
financial health - are you doing what you love and lovign what you do
emotional health - are you a happy person able to give and receive happiness
physical health - is your body in good condition or healing towards being good
mental health - do you challenge your mind and think positively
spiritual health - do you have faith in something ..anything.. even yourself
environment health - is your home / work healthy places to be
relationship health - are ya feeeeeelin the loooooove =D

good food is so important ...its the fuel that makes everything else possible smiling smiley

keep us posted on what your doing smiling smiley we all learn from each others successes an failures ..and well thats the great thing aobut this site ..we can share all that smiling smiley

also when you get toa water fasting couple of days ..make sure the water is warm not cold ... cold shocks the stomach and can give you hunger like pangs ..that well is exactly what you dont want to feel smiling smiley

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2008 05:37PM by Jgunn.

Date: November 21, 2008 05:52PM

i wanted to add .. i started this journey in 2002 .. its taken me to now to get to where i am at (100% raw foods).. some people do it fast ..some slow ... but i had ALOT of other things in my life from the above list example that i had to work on smiling smiley

in general i was a mess tongue sticking out smiley .. and i still screw up from time to time but hey im only human winking smiley

Date: November 24, 2008 02:50PM

Jgunn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> nutrition health - are you eating the best you can
> at the moment
> financial health - are you doing what you love and
> lovign what you do
> emotional health - are you a happy person able to
> give and receive happiness
> physical health - is your body in good condition
> or healing towards being good
> mental health - do you challenge your mind and
> think positively
> spiritual health - do you have faith in something
> ..anything.. even yourself
> environment health - is your home / work healthy
> places to be
> relationship health - are ya feeeeeelin the
> loooooove =D

Jgunn,

That is the most inspiring thing I have ever read!!!!!

Thank You!!!

Date: November 25, 2008 01:36AM

thanks ksandberg smiling smiley you lifted my spirits todaysmiling smiley

whatever it is you decide to do .. keep us posted smiling smiley

ksandberg i have those very 8 questions printed out and posted on my fridge and bathroom mirror .. whenever i feel a bit off in one area or another it reminds me what todo get back to where i want to be smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2008 01:38AM by Jgunn.

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: November 25, 2008 01:04PM

Yeah Jodi -- I'm taking notes on your posts here and putting them with my inspirational stuff that I read to give myself a boost --thanks!!!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 03, 2008 09:58PM

Hi Kim,

I began doing the Master Cleanse once every three months last year. Oddly enough it was hard for me not the first time, but the second fast. I think because the more I learned and read about it, the better I'd done it. The most important thing for me is support. When I am embarking on it, I let EVERYONE know! This comes in handy for encouragement AND accountability. Read about the benefits EVERYDAY and you'll want to see it through. To many, any physical change begins mentally. So, stay focused and you'll be just fine! You can always email or message me when you are having a moment of "weakness". ;-) Onlyonebooda@yahoo.com

Date: December 05, 2008 02:51PM

Thanks Booda39 : )

Posted by: luvyuu ()
Date: December 10, 2008 04:16AM

I have done the master cleanse several times now...the longest was 21 days and i felt great... i had a lot of energy and was able to keep up with my lifestyle...with in reason... i did rest a lot though... but i had also been slowly building towards it... I do a fast once a month with my period... i have horrible cramps and it's the only natural thing i have found that helps to have a very clean colon... (does any one know why this is) anyhow... i never had any violent reaction to it in fact i rather enjoyed it... it was the first time i have felt mucus free in a long time... and this was before i was raw... even raw i still have loads of mucus... darned post nasal drip... be sure to get a good grade b or c of the maple syrup... more minerals... and don't skip the salt water... i actually liked the change of flavor...but im a bit wierd that way... anyhow... there is a nice forum that helped me through... curezone.com

there is nothing wrong to easing into it... my sister reacted pretty strongly the first day of it... but she went from a highly processed diet to a fast... probably a bit too much all in one go... i've found that being gentle with yourself gets better results...

love laugh and dream
g

Date: December 10, 2008 06:26AM

considering that the MC was initially only supposed to be followed for 10 days at the most i always wonder why poeple feel they have to carry on for twice that or more?

cleansing and fasting should only be done when you have time to rest ... there is no point in trying to keep up with your normal lifestyle as you would be defeating the purpose

its like trying to work full time while fasting ... the whole point is to rest and rejuvinate ..not run your motor on no fuel?

Date: December 13, 2008 10:01PM

Hi Guys

In Australia we call this cleanse the Lemon Detox Diet. I have been raw foods for a couple of years now and I decided to do it. I lasted the full seven days. I absoloutlly would recommend it. I felt really wonderful on it. It was so much fun and I only drank half the syrup. I could have done it for a lot longer but decided to come off it at the recommended time.

The only change I made was that I did not drink the salt water. I don't believe it would be good for you as it is to drying. I opted for a home colonics instead - daily. I also took a liquid detox solution for the bowel that kept thing going.

I do believe that a raw food diet is the best but it is fun to try different things so you can give accurate comment when people are talking about it. It is hard for people who have not given it a go to truly be able to say what it is like.

I would highly recommend it.....

Have fun
Peta

Date: December 21, 2008 06:55PM

Talk about inspiration! I hope you don't mind but I copied and printed your words, titled them THE RULES and have posted them on my refrigerator.

My story is very long but in a nutshell I am 2 years into living a life free from methamphetamine. I have done so much in those 2 years in the way of growth in all of these areas but still have so far to go.

At the moment, because diet was the LAST thing I was willing to focus on I am overweight, my cholesterol is high and I am bordering on becoming diabetic. This has all brought me to this site and all the love and positivity I feel here is helping me change those habits. I am beginning with juicing and eliminating all meat from my eating habits and will eventually graduate to raw eating.

Thank you so much for posting these words. They truly are words to live by and your comments on fasting, juicing detow are much appreciated.

One last note, my 15 year old daughter is on this journey with me. She has a chronic skin condition and asthma/allergies. I am hoping that this way of life will dramatically improve all of those ailments.

Thanks again

Date: December 23, 2008 02:06PM

aww thanks Rhiannon smiling smiley yer the sweetest.

kudos and congrats to you on 2 years drug free , im sure your body and your daughter are grateful to you for it, been there done that know where yer coming from smiling smiley

i think you will find your overweightness, diabetic condtion and cholesterol will stabilize over time .. just try not to rush things .. you cant unbuild rome in a day ya know winking smiley

keep us posted on you and your daughter , we have a diary seciton here too your welcome to join if ya just wanna laugh, cry , spill yer guts and have us cheering you on smiling smiley

Date: December 25, 2008 01:15AM

Thank you so much for the welcome and the encouragement. I will heed your advice regarding taking things slowly. I keep telling myself it took many years to get in the shape I am in and it is going to take time to get right as well.

This is really a great site/tool for staying focused.

Have a great holiday.

Date: December 25, 2008 01:32AM

hehe yea i said somewhere else about a week ago i have 40 years of bad habits too undo so if still detoxing 35 years from now i wont be suprised winking smiley

Date: January 05, 2009 01:32PM

The first couple days are the hardest, I'm on my 5th day and feeling great. You just have to stick with it. Robert

Posted by: marsh ()
Date: January 10, 2009 12:39AM

hi everyone,

fasting of any sort has always been a challenge for me, but for some reason the master cleanse was the easiest by far. i did 20 days last fall, and i'm on day 9 of a ten day cleanse right now. i feel it is best to allow my body more time for rest and healing, but can say from experience, that the level of energy and mental clarity i experience is awesome. it is almost like i don't even want to rest. the first few days can be rough, and then a rough day comes along here and there when toxins are released, but after a few days, the body goes into this cleansing mode and it is relatively easy to maintain your regular lifestyle.

about the salt water flush- some people worry about the salt intake, but it doesn't get absorbed. the correct ratio of salt to water is the same specific gravity of blood, so they do not separate, and all the salt is flushed out. it's superior to a colonic in that it cleans out the entire digestive track from the mouth, to the stomach, and small intestine, right on out the colon. colonics cannot address the upper digestive tract.

i am by no means an expert, but have had great success with this cleanse, and have read alot about it. 2 things i would say to anyone drawn to doing it:

1- follow it precisely. i am one who loves to add my own ideas to things, but not to the master cleanse. it works great just as it is. and all the components are there for a reason and work in harmony.

and 2- get support. i've heard that curezone has a good forum. i like www.therawfoodsite.com. excellent forum there with so many people fasting right now.

good luck to all who go for it!

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: January 11, 2009 04:18AM

I had a positive experiance with the master cleanse. I went for about 16 days if I remember it right. I had such a clarity of mind and had so much energy that I wanted to clean out the house. I did not like the salt flush but it seemed to be doing the trick in washing out my bowel system. I went through one night of crying (which was odd) but I felt a lift in my emotions.

I have also water fasted for about 16 days and one thing to watch with that is to keep the elementary system moveing so whatever the body is detoxing does not recycle back into your body.

Juice fasting was interesting as well but the best result was the master cleanse.

Right now I am simply eating food, mostly green smoothies and feeling great. I got into the fasting to much and started feeling very unbalanced, I got to the point that I wanted to just fast but really we do need food, unless you are a breatharian.

Date: January 11, 2009 04:28PM

It's very interesting reading these posts on the Master Cleanse.
I would say the 'key' to any Detox Diet or No-food Diet is Elimination.
The Senna Tea and Saltwater Flushes of Burrough's Plan don't appeal to
me, but I can't argue with Success.
I've been imagining, for some time now, a cleanse that involves Wheatgrass
Juice, Carrot Juice, and Carrot Pulp (lots of carrot pulp) to 'sweep' the
Colon clean. Possibly adding a little Clay to the mix to help pull the
toxins from the body would be a good idea.....alternating it with days of
Water Fasting. We can all devise our own plan that improves on what has come before.......WY

Date: January 12, 2009 05:35PM

That sound interesting yogi, I have heard about the clay binding toxins. What kind of clay do you use and where do you get it? I did not like the salt flush with the master cleanse but it really did flush out some stuff. After several days doing the master cleanse I had some odd stuff come out and felt a great release which lifted my spirits greatly. I would like to have that happen again but I feel like I needed to eat for a while. The lemon goes through you as well so perhaps a little lemon in your plan would help clean you out. I am contemplating on short weekend fasts in the future but right now I am enjoying the food.

Date: January 12, 2009 07:48PM

pampam Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That sound interesting yogi, I have heard about
> the clay binding toxins. What kind of clay do you
> use and where do you get it?
Two kinds....Pascalite for external (face masks,
poultices, insect bites, gum and teeth care) and Terramin
for internal (taken with food and juice for trace minerals and
internal organs detox)......WY
P.S. By the way, Pampam, how is your Father?

[www.pascalite.com]

[californiaearthminerals.com]

Date: January 13, 2009 06:16PM

Thanks, I think I am going to order some of that stuff.

My dad is haveing troubles. He has some wheat grass and my brother is attempting to grow it. I am going to have to take a trip out there and see what I can do for him. Thanks for asking
Pam

Date: January 21, 2009 11:51PM

I've tried the master cleanse, it's actually pretty effective, I did it for 10 days before i decided to move to the vegetarian gig, but the thing is, i had originally done it to lose weight, then afterward it said that it's just better to eat veggies, so I did for like... a month.

Then when i tried some meat, i couldn't believe how heavy and uncomfy it felt in my stomach... so i turned veggie.

If you're thinking about doing the cleanse, just be careful to not do it for too long. It's not for long term you know, just kind of like a maintenance flush, and you have to be careful and use grade B syrup, so at least your getting a little bit of nutrients, but again, BE CAREFUL! Do it right! Read up on it before you do it, and if your gonna, be sure your gonna stick to it, you could end up gaining more weight by just coming off it the wrong way.

Remember: get on it on a whim, get off it on a whim~ if your gonna do something like that you should mentally prepare yourself, like... mark it down on a calendar two weeks ahead or something, give it meaning.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables