Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: *Master Cleanse*
Date: January 23, 2009 01:45AM

I have done the Master Cleanse three times. Through the cleanse I have completely eliminated my need for carbonated sodas and sugary junk. The first time that I did the cleanse, I stayed on it for ten days and quit after my 2 days on juice for a total of 12 days, but I felt that I could go longer. I have heard mixed reviews on whether the fast should be done longer than 10 days. I quit after 10 and wished I had gone longer. The second time I went 12 days plus two days of juice and I quit because the box of detox tea said I shouldn't take it longer than that. Each time that I have stopped the detox but felt like I should go longer, I end up regretting it because I get kind of gassy like I wasn't 100% clean. The third time I went longer yet and had the same problem. Next time I want to go for three weeks or longer.

I found that the cleanse helps me lose weight and like I said it ended my dependence on sugar, etc.

The first 3 days are hard. After that, it is smooth sailing, I promise. I have never had any side effects while on the cleanse- only the gas afterward which is representative of not fasting long enough. Eating a raw diet is much easier after the cleanse.

The worst part (to me) about the cleanse is the disgusting senna leaf tea that must be drank. The stuff tastes so bad to me that I can hardly make myself drink it, if it were not for that, I would cleanse every month because I feel so good when I finish.

Stick with it past day 3 and I promise it gets easier!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: January 23, 2009 02:02AM

Nice report there SunlightOnCloudyDay.....WY

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 31, 2009 04:00AM

Hi Kim,

I did the Master Cleanse for 14 days and wanted to go for 40 days, but my Lord would not allow me. I felt so bad and did not know why. Later I discovered blood sugars to be an issue. Whole reason I am eating raw now. The Master Cleanse could have done some serious damage to me.

I later tried it again but used Agave syrup as it is low glycemic. It was great! I have always been good about diet, but getting better each day.

Shalom,
Martha

Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: February 26, 2009 09:32AM

hey i did the mc before.

i stuck it out for the whole ten days. I did the salt flush a couple times, but not every day like I was supposed to. When I did the salt flush and it worked, i felt really good. when i did it and it did not work, it sucked.

overall the mc was kind of rough. I enjoy juice fasting more. I find the experience to be much less invasive and more spiritual even... also cleaner. I don't know why because it seems like the mc violently cleans you out. i find it to be very harsh. juice fasting seems gentle to me and yet i feel cleaner when I do. I am not a master faster, but I have a little bit of experience.

on the master cleanse i lost about 10 lbs, but i gained it back very fast. if you are doing it to lose weight then do something else. it even says in the book not to do it to lose weight because you will most likely gain it back.

some people love it though and do it all the time. they say the key is the swf which I did not do every day so i guess maybe the toxins kept recycling in my body?

if you do the mc make sure you put aside time for rest and just time... you will need it. you won't spend time eating, but the time you save on food you will spend resting... and then some. Also you will have to wake up early to do the swf on top of that. you will want to go to sleep early and probably take naps during the day. it is emotional and physically demanding probably. good luck.

WHEATGRASS YOGI:

about the clay. how do i find information how to use is for elimination? do you have to get the capsules, or can you use the powder for everything? where can i read about how to use it?

thanks.

Date: February 27, 2009 02:09AM

I am on the cleanse again (day 15). I feel great. I have the urge to completely clean out my entire house...I have been decluttering everything. I do yoga or pilates almost every day, my energy level is high. I am going to continue until my tounge turns back to pink as the book suggests this time. I am hoping this fast will help me end my dependency on cooked food. I have been doing the raw diet for a few months but I only get to about a week before I crash and eat something cooked.

The cleanse is going to help me through it to my 100% raw journey.

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: February 27, 2009 05:19AM

sunlight, the fast will help you but you will need to work on other aspects of yourself in order to end the dependency on cooked foods. I did the master cleanse and cleaned out the house also. I loved the feeling of getting everything in order. When I went off the master cleanse I slowly went back to the old ways. The master cleanse is only a stepping stone towards better health. One thing I have noticed in keeping raw is haveing positive afermations daily. It might sound a bit odd but it does help. I pray for that balance and strength to turn away from cooked foods.

wishing you the best of fortune and future
Pam

Posted by: HealthNVitality ()
Date: February 28, 2009 05:25PM

In my opinion, the master cleanse is one of many options which are great for cleansing and detoxing.
The MC works well for me and many others.
Since I see some mis-information in this thread, I suggest getting the original book or the book by Peter Glickman.
Another good source of info for the MC is the website, which also has a support/info forum.

The recommended timeframe for the MC is 10-40 days.
It is important to follow intuition.
Additionally, intuitive clarity (for matters of the body and the digestive system) is usually facilitated by a clean system, which is the result of a detoxifying cleanse.
It is helpful to be aware of detox symptoms and to recognize them for what they are.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables