Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

New at this, need new ideas to keep my husband from getting bored!!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 13, 2009 08:10AM

Hello I found out about the Raw diet about 2 1/2 weeks ago and it just made perfect sense to me. I started my research for a few days and then changed my diet to about 80% raw 10 days ago. I Love it. Never felt better and ate so guilt free. My husband has been very supportive of me from the begining and then he decided that he was going to try it also. I want to make sure that he and I are getting all of our nutrients from day to day as well as not getting stuck eating the same things. Right now we are primarily eating fresh organic fruits and vegitables. He says that he will stil crave meat when he is hungry, so we have had sashimi. I crave carbs, like bread. I'm dealing with that.

What are some typical meals that you might suggest to us. Please be discriptive! If there is anything else you feel I should know, I welcome any kind o help I can get. Thank you for your time and suggestions.

Thanks!

Love Gives All, Requires Nothing

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New at this, need new ideas to keep my husband from getting bored!!
Posted by: Rastadevi ()
Date: January 13, 2009 10:27AM

I have made the Russell James’ cabbage pillows twice now, and they are fabulous.

I don't know if you have tried Sea Tangle’s kelp noodles, but Russell’s cabbage pillow sauce goes beautifully with them, too. Here is the link to the recipe - If you want to get a feel for the potential of his Thai recipe ebook, Russell has given us this one for free on his blog!

[therawchefblog.com]

I double the sauce and and herbs. Half goes with the cabbage, and half goes with one package of rinsed kelp noodles. It makes enough to serve 2 very hungry or 3 hungry adults. I dehydrate for about 1/2 hour until the noodles and cabbage are lovely and soft. It reminds me of raw version Pad Lao, a Laotian version of Pad Thai, made with a savory brown sugar and a hot tamarind lime sauce. (Of course, this raw version is not made with refined sugar or canned, cooked anything.)

This looks so beautiful with the sweet and spicy sunflower seeds (from the ebook) served on top - I substituted almonds for the sunnies, because they were soaked and ready to go. Additional garnishes could be julienned red pepper, carrots, lime wedges, cucumber slices, shredded purple cabbage, and more fresh cilantro and/or thai basil and mint.

For those who make kombucha at home, if you want a shortcut to the tamarind paste, 1/4 - 1/2 cup of kombucha vinegar and 2 pitted dates blended together makes a really nice substitute.

This is so delicious! My husband does not do an exclusively high raw vegan diet, but this is a raw dish that he devours. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: January 13, 2009 06:13PM

I have gotten some dried tomatoes and rehydrate them wirrl them in a blender and spice it up like spagetti sauce and pour it over some shredded zucinni it tastes like spagetti to me. I cant wait till I make some chili now.

I realized that when I was eating cooked foods I would tend to have the same foods especially in the morning I would have toast and coffee every morning. Now I have a green smoothie and feel a lot better. Its funny, I don't crave meat at all but I did crave bread but I discovered I may have an alergy to something in bread and perhaps that is why I crave it. I am finding I am more satisfied when I eat green smoothies so I want to encourage you to try that.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 14, 2009 05:02AM

: Rastadevi {I have made the Russell James’ cabbage pillows twice now, and they are fabulous.}-
thank you I think he and Iwill enjoy this dish, it looks super tastey! I will go to the store 2moro. Where would I find kelp noodles, or do I have to make them?

: Pampam- thank you for your suggestions, how do you make your chili?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables