Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

gift for a raw-foodist?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 09, 2009 05:42PM

Anyone have a suggestion for a gift for a raw-foodist? My girlfriend is. I am not, although I enjoy alot of what she prepares raw.

Anyway, she already has a Vitamix, good food processor and good juicer (although I forget the brands for those last two) Are there any other kitchen aids, etc to help with raw food preparation?

Thanks

Matt

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: gift for a raw-foodist?
Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: February 09, 2009 07:29PM

How much to you want to spend?

Some ideas...

- Books (good for specific recipes or just inspirtaion)
Bamboo cutting boards (good to have more than one cutting board... use one for fruits and non-aromatic veggies and another for onions and garlic)
- Benriner slicer
- Mandolin
- Julienne peeler (very inexpensive)
- Monthly subscription to fresh fruits from Diamond Organics or some other organic produce supplier
- Good stainless steel colander
- High quality chef's knife or knives (depends on how much you want to spend... better to buy one good one than four or five cheapo ones)
- Small coffee grinder to grind spices
- Take a look around her kitchen. What looks old, cheap? Sometimes just replacing this or that (pizza slicer, measuring spoons, spatulas, etc.) adds up and high quality items are always appreciated by people who cook or uncook.
- Take a look around Bed, Bath, and Beyond (the kitchen toy sections) or cruise Amazon.com for ideas.

I hope this helps! Let us know what you give her and if she likes it.

smiling smiley

Posted by: Wies0087 ()
Date: February 10, 2009 05:41PM

That is so thoughtful of you! Personally, if it were me, I would go nuts over actual food - like a gift of an organic pineapple or something I don't normally buy myself. Or if you wanted to go all out, get a recipe for some fancy raw dessert or something (depending on how she eats?) and prepare it! Good luck, how sweet!

Date: February 10, 2009 06:25PM

I could spend a $100 or so. I got a few other things already. But she's super into raw food, so I think she'd really like things related. She has a few books, so i don't want to make a mistake and get one she already has, although I'll check into the Diamond Organics. Don't think she gets anything like that.

Thanks for the suggestions! It's a big help.

Date: February 10, 2009 06:39PM

update from last reply:
ok. I see the Diamond Organics has lots of nice gift packs, etc. Probably will go with that. She'll love the pack of mixed greens, herbs, veggies, etc. Good stuff. And I was thinking it was a magazine subscription before I looked! duh. smiling smiley

Thanks again

Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: February 10, 2009 10:39PM

You can't go wrong with good food! I've given some "produce" gifts over the past year and a half... Even my non-raw, meat eating friends enjoy some fresh fruit now and then. smiling smiley

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: February 12, 2009 12:33PM

gosh that really IS awful sweet of you smiling smiley
made me smile

how bout making her a beautiful raw vegan cake?

is this for valentines day btw?

make it in the shape of a heart then tongue sticking out smiley

Date: February 16, 2009 08:09PM

I often buy people who love fresh produce fruit trees, herbs and plants or gardening equipment. If short of room, maybe a planter of herbs, peppers or chillies to go on a window sill so she can grow her own?

One of my early bday presents last year from my boyfriend was a pomelo tree. I absolutely loved it!

When I first discovered raw, he also bought me a saladacco (vegetable noodle-slicer), a sprouter, some bags of superfoods and some other stuff. Yay smiling smiley Raw-related presents are extremely cool as it makes you feel very special knowing that someone knows you very well smiling smiley

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: February 17, 2009 01:30AM

If I were the giftee, I'd like a gift certificate at my favorite independent grocer. I'd rather have free food than free stuff because I spend a fortune on food.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: February 19, 2009 07:46PM

suspendedindefinetely:

<<One of my early bday presents last year from my boyfriend was a pomelo tree. I absolutely loved it!

When I first discovered raw, he also bought me a saladacco (vegetable noodle-slicer), a sprouter, some bags of superfoods and some other stuff. Yay smiling smiley Raw-related presents are extremely cool as it makes you feel very special knowing that someone knows you very well smiling smiley>>

geeez... i so jealouzzz tongue sticking out smiley but in a GOOD way! how SUPER nifty of your bf to get you a pomelo tree.. how cool is THAT!!??
no one has ever gotten me a pomelo tree before ( semi audible sniffling sounds in the background grinning smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables