Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
breville juice fountain vs jack lalanne.......... help quick which one to get!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by: singinraw ()
Date: June 22, 2006 11:08PM

Hi all,
I wanna get one of these juicers and was wondering a few things

One thing I wanna know is how clear is the juice. Like with greenlife(which I will always keep using too when I do have an hour to spend juicing) I get all kinds of pulp right in the juice so I always strain them cause I hate feeling all heavy from having the pulp in the juice to digest. I know some centrifical juicers make virtually pulp free juice and I wondered how these ones are.

Also I was wondering about the quality as I did read about some having jack lalanne juicers break down though I never found anything either way on the Juice fountain.

Thanks in advance

singinraw

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: breville juice fountain vs jack lalanne.......... help quick which one to get!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 23, 2006 01:03AM

The most important thing is the nutrient in the juice, the quality of the juice. There is one easy way to measure that, it is how dry the pulp is. Centrifical juicers cannot produce dry pulp, the nutrient is left in the pulp, these juicers are only good for some fruit which have a lot of water. To juice green vegetables you need twin blader juicers or the norwalk. They are slow and generate dried pulp so the nutrient is in the juice. Some juice need straining some do not but do not waste your time with the jack lalanne type of juicers, they are good if you want a fruit juice

Re: breville juice fountain vs jack lalanne.......... help quick which one to get!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by: rawmark ()
Date: June 23, 2006 09:07PM

Breville Juice Fountain Plus with 2 speeds is the way to go. It's better at producing juice and many people on this website have that same model. It produces more juice than the Lalanne one and cleanup is a snap.

Peace,

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Date: June 24, 2006 12:18AM

Hi Marcos,
Thanks. I ordered the breville juice fountain and soon hopefully I'll juice alot again like I used too smiling smiley

Date: June 27, 2006 12:44PM

singin,

Did you order the juice fountain plus? It's the one with two speeds and the better product. If not, return it when you receive it and order the jfp.

Peace,

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Date: June 27, 2006 08:14PM

Hi Marcos,
Ya I got the breville juice fountain plus with the two speeds.

It looked like a better product and was not too much more. I'm really looking forward to it cause its warmer out now and I could use some nice big pints of juice more often with less effort.

I can't wait to get it cause soooooo often I just get bogged down and end up skipping my juicing and well juicing always makes so much difference I just can't imagine living without them.

I'll still use greenlife for my speltgrass and greens but I find it hard to keep at it all the time and cutting and cleaning takes alot of energy so now I will be able to get back to juicing something at mostly all meals. This will help alot cause I wanna get fasting soon too and when I fast I always get really mucussy and sick if I drink much water and when I feel weak its hard to cut all the veggies I need cause I drink ALOT of liquid during a fast like maybe 15 or 16 juices a day!!!

When my juice fountain comes I plan to start fasting again and am hoping to get into some longer fasts as so far my record is only 3 days. I really think being able to make quick and easy juices will help alot to keep at my fasts. I plan to start with a few short fasts and then just keep going a little bit longer each time.

Date: June 27, 2006 08:25PM

singingraw,

Get ready for quick juicing and quick cleanup. This juicer rocks. I have had mine for about two weeks and I love it. I can throw virtually any piece of fruit or veggie in to it and it will juice it beautifully. Cleanup is also a snap and much faster than the greenlife/greenstar. Let me know what you think after using it a few times.

Peace,

Marcos

Date: July 25, 2006 12:43AM

Hi Marcos,
I got my juice fountain now!!! Its so easy to use I love it.

I keep getting carried away and drinking a couple quarts or more of juice in one session!! Its so awsome to be able to stick a couple carrots and couple stalks of celery through at once and just watch the juice just pour out filling up the quart jug in no time!! Its such a breeze to use smiling smiley

I'm planning on juice fasting really soon now since I can make juices with such little effort.

Date: July 25, 2006 01:02PM

singin,

I'm so happy to hear that you're enjoying your breville juice fountain plus. It's such a pleasure to use, isn't it? And the cleanup is a snap too!

Enjoy,

Mark

Marcos

Posted by: meinleben ()
Date: July 26, 2006 05:19AM

i am trying to decide between the breville juicer (fountain elite jexl) is that the one you guys have?? the one with 1000 watt motor??? and the Omega 8005?? that one has less power yet is said to not heat up juice because it has slower motor....so it supposedly preserves enzymes...

such a hard decision...does anyone have any info on the omega 8005??

Date: July 26, 2006 01:27PM

No, we're speaking about the Breville Juice Fountain Plus which has two speeds. If you're looking into higher cost juicers then you want to look at the greenstar line. They are the cadillac line of juicers.

Marcos

Date: July 26, 2006 02:20PM

the breville i am referring to has two speeds...it costs $299.00....how much was your fountain plus??/

any info on the omega???

also i heard greenstar is sorta high maintanence...great juice though....

thanks

Date: July 26, 2006 07:47PM

meinleben, I found it online for 219 but, with a 20% coupon from bed, bath and beyond, I got it for a few dollars more than this at their store and paid no s&h.

I've heard nice things about Omega but consider them old school. They're less expensive than greenstar but haven't really modernized their product line or enhanced it a whole lot. I think they were all that was around twenty years ago and they sat on their laurels because of this. Now, with competitors like Greenstar, they're not doing a whole lot to compete and they're product is actually inferior to greenstar. This doesn't mean they don't have a good product but I'm not sure anything they have is truly worth the money. This is just my opinion, however, and maybe someone else can shed some light on this line.

Peace,

Marcos

Date: July 26, 2006 09:32PM

thanks marcos
you got the breville for $219, right? i am going to do some more research at this time...gonna look into greenstar...don't want to go broke tho....
thanks again..

Date: July 28, 2006 05:14PM

Meinleben,

Well, I found it online for $219. I think I paid like $223 when I bought it from Bed, Bath and Beyond with my 20% off coupon.

Peace,

Marcos

Date: July 30, 2006 02:41PM

meinleben,

The juice fountain plus is now $149 at Bed, Bath and Beyond. I think you can buy it from their website too if there's not one near you. I gotta look at mine again. I noticed on bed bath and beyonds website they carry the elite and the plus. Maybe I bought the elite. It has a 1,000 watt motor and two speeds. Either way, both are very good.

[www.bedbathandbeyond.com];

Peace,

Marcos

Date: July 30, 2006 05:53PM

thanks marcos
the plus is $149....850 watt.....the elite is $299....1000 watt motor.....they both have 2 speeds...if you have 1000 watt then i think you may have the elite...let me know ...because for half the price i may get the plus if it is just as good...still can't decide...will be heading to bed bath beyond early this week....

let me know what you think...thanks....where are you anyway??

Date: August 02, 2006 02:19PM

meinleben,

I have the elite. Didn't realize it. The plus is excellent and you wont go wrong with it. It is amazing how easy it is to use and the pulp that is left from juicing is very dry. Also, they both do a great job of squeezing every bit of juice possible. I think you will be very happy with the plus.

Peace,

Marcos

Date: August 02, 2006 03:16PM

marcos
i am waiting for my 20% discount coupon that i get in the mail from BBB...and then i will make the purchase.....

i appreciate you giving me the info..

happy juicing.....

Date: August 04, 2006 01:16PM

Very interesting comments.. I am planning on getting a juicer and I have decided on the Breville JE12 fountain plus .This has 2 speeds and a whole fruit feed shute priced here in UK at£69.99. I am wondering if this is the same model which you are discussing.

sailorbob.

Date: August 04, 2006 03:19PM

sailorbob,

Yes, it's the exact same model. I know you will enjoy it.

Peace,

Marcos

Date: August 07, 2006 12:26AM

marcos
got my breville juicer....went big.....got the elite....got it for $239 with my 20% discount...i am pretty excited....

thanks for all the info...

ok now, what is a simple yet good juice...i was thinking of starting with cucumber, celery,apple....

one more question...do you buy only organic stuff for juicing???

Date: August 08, 2006 03:52AM

i am in heaven with this juicer....i juiced today and feel amazing.....i even enjoyed the process of washing the veggies....putting through juicer....cleaning...so easy...and delicious juice....

i have never been able to get used to the green smoothie...that i make in the vitamix...the juice just feels right....

so happy with the breville...

Question for marcos...do you use only organic for juicing??
do you find the breville elite to juice leafy greens well...do you use low speed??

thanks

Re: breville juice fountain vs jack lalanne
Date: August 08, 2006 11:42PM

My first post, so here goes... I've owned several juicers in the past
that wore out from "normal" (not every day) usage. Bought the Breville a couple months ago based on reviews and comparisons of the LaLanne and Breville. So far, we couldn't be happier. Blade is much sturdier and sharper, pulp is much drier, less splatter, easier to clean... Keeping our fingers crossed. Enjoy!

Date: August 09, 2006 12:45AM

sob....or anyone who wants to reply....
do you only use organic??? and how has it been doing with leafy greens???

i have the elite....do you??

Date: August 11, 2006 04:18PM

Meinleben,

It's ok with leafy veggies just not as good as a green star or omega. Still, it does celery and other green veggies ok and I just make green smoothies in my ktec with the leafy stuff. Also, yes I only use organic veggies and fruit. Have been buying that way for over twenty years. In fact my acting instructor had purchased a whole watermelon and brought some to class on Monday. He started to hand me a slice and was surprised to get a "no thanks". I explained that I am a purely organic raw vegan. Not perfect but I try very hard so non-organic melons are out because they carry some of the highest toxicity levels. He didn't know and was shocked but apologized and thanked me for the info.

Peace,

Marcos

Date: September 01, 2006 03:53AM

Am I the only one who prefers the Jack Lalanne juicer over the breville? I found the breville to be way too LOUD for my condo unit. The JL juicer was not only quieter, it extracts more juice from the fruit which much less pulp! That helps the pocketbook in the long run.

Posted by: VeganLife ()
Date: September 03, 2006 02:41AM

flygirl11 maybe you have an older model of the Breville... is yours two speeds?

Date: September 04, 2006 10:28PM

veganlife,

She must. My breville is way quieter than a Jack Lalanne. I've heard them both and mine purrs compared to a Lalanne and it extracsts far more juice too!

Marcos

Posted by: avanahall ()
Date: September 16, 2006 10:47AM

Just got my Breville and its WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Marcos!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables