Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Green star juicer clogging up.
Posted by: boyd ()
Date: November 28, 2008 05:45PM

Hey everyone.

Just reveived my green star juicer today. It looks pretty nifty and runs quiet etc. One problem I seem to be having is that the pulp casing gets clogged with pulp. Even when I adjust the outlet knob to try and correct it, the problem is still present.

Is it normal for the fine screen to get so clogged up too? It even seems as tho the juicer is filling up with juice, as when i look down the feeding chute, i can see the juice and bubbles. Also some juice comes out of the pulp discharge hole at times instead of pulp.

I thank you in avdance for your response.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Green star juicer clogging up.
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: November 29, 2008 03:16PM

I'm surprised no one has offered advice. I owned an earlier model
called Green Life, and thought it was a lot of trouble to clean.
Are you making out any better now?.......WY

Posted by: boyd ()
Date: November 29, 2008 05:43PM

Hi wheatgrass yogi,

Yeh i have corrected the problem now. Strangly, i have found that feeding it more and more produce unclogs it and makes everything run smoothly lol.

I am very happy with it now and made some amazing juice after work today grinning smiley

Cheers

Posted by: cocoa_nibs ()
Date: December 25, 2008 09:00PM

Second the Green Star love affair! I have found that mine works best by feeding it different things in succession. Some very moist items, like cucumbers for ex, tend to create a fluid 'cushion' that gets things stopped. Add some lettuce or bulkier dry item, and it will move again. As for the outlet knob, I sometimes even remove it. If the pulp stays very moist I run it through again.

Have you tried parsley yet? Just feed it the stems until the rotating rolls grab on and it will eat them right up. smiling smiley

Happy juicing!
Nibs

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables