Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

My reaction to green juices
Posted by: Molli ()
Date: August 09, 2009 04:42PM

Today is my 7th day raw. I've been making a green juice drink every morning. I thought I was experiencing some detox symptoms when I noticed that now and then I would all of a sudden feel flushed. The flushed feeling didn't last long. I've now been able to target the cause -- I get this flushed, warm feeling everytime I drink a green juice. Its not so warm that it makes me sweat or anything, and it only lasts a few seconds. Maybe this is just my bodies reaction to drinking green juice drinks? Anyone else get this? I'm not planning to stop making green drinks, but I hope my body isn't telling me that it isn't like this!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My reaction to green juices
Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: August 09, 2009 06:11PM

I consider any reaction out of the ordinary to be a "detox" symptom. That may be a tad "elementary" of me, but I have found that it holds true; You are new to this, after eating SAD for how long? It will take quite a while for your body to adjust to these live, healing foods, since it was used to eating dead processed foodstuffs for how many years...

I have learned to embrace the detox symptoms, it means that something is happening within my body, a healing taking place. Food allergy? I personally don't go for that - I am one that feel toxins are the cause of allergy symptoms.

Green juices are some of the most potent that you can drink, so it is no surprise that you are experiencing symptoms. Have fun, enjoy your green juice! smiling smiley

Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: August 09, 2009 06:26PM

i have experience what you are talking about molli...in fact i had a bit of it the other day when i first post and you and were discussing back and forth.

if we are talking about the same thing...it isn't so much an unpleasant reaction is ..more like a very slight flushing at the surace of the skin primarily in the head and face area?

i get the flushing sometimes too and i have been cleansing and paying attention to my diet for over 30 years now. and i just had minor flushing symptoms the other day. here is what i am guessing...

vitamin b-3 also called niacin creates a flushing of the skin on most people (at different dosages). when i experienced the flushing the other day, i had drank about 1/2 gallon of canteloupe rind with other things like apple,carrot and ginger and lemon.

maybe we are talking about the same thing? if so don't worry about it.

juicin' john

Date: August 09, 2009 06:52PM

Good points, John. I hadn't given that explanation much thought in this case, since Molli is only 7 days into this. Of course, it could be a combination of the two ideas, I drink a good many green juices/smoothies & I don't believe I have had this reaction for a good while now.

I figured those toxins were released from my body at this point, hence the flushing no longer.

Posted by: rawfoods ()
Date: August 09, 2009 09:17PM

That's a nice looking juicer, and I agree that if it only happens when you drink these drinks it could be a detox effect, or maybe it's just something psychological. I majored in psychology and sometimes people can be overwhelmed by something without knowing it.

[www.healthyfoodrawdiet.com]

Posted by: Molli ()
Date: August 09, 2009 09:52PM

juicin' john Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i have experience what you are talking about
> molli...in fact i had a bit of it the other day
> when i first post and you and were discussing back
> and forth.
>
> if we are talking about the same thing...it isn't
> so much an unpleasant reaction is ..more like a
> very slight flushing at the surace of the skin
> primarily in the head and face area?
>
> i get the flushing sometimes too and i have been
> cleansing and paying attention to my diet for over
> 30 years now. and i just had minor flushing
> symptoms the other day. here is what i am
> guessing...
>
> vitamin b-3 also called niacin creates a flushing
> of the skin on most people (at different dosages).
> when i experienced the flushing the other day, i
> had drank about 1/2 gallon of canteloupe rind with
> other things like apple,carrot and ginger and
> lemon.
>
> maybe we are talking about the same thing? if so
> don't worry about it.
>
> juicin' john

Yes, that is it!!! Just at the surface of the skin and mostly the head and face area. My green juices consist of some combination of lettuces, kale, cucumber, broccoli (whatever I feel like adding) and always a lemon and apple.

Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: August 09, 2009 10:56PM

molli

solved..don't worry about it.

worry more about getting "well intended advices" from people who are basically guessing and hoping that they are right.

keep on juicing ..it is the most powerful thing you can do for your health. eat lots of good healthy raw fruits and vegetables.

forget trying to be perfect to the letter ....so as to conform to the different ego-satisfying "labels of accomplishment" which are often promoted on the boards.

have confidence in yourself and keep on studying and learning. yes ...find your own best way to do it.

jj

Date: August 10, 2009 12:19AM

"worry more about getting "well intended advices" from people who are basically guessing and hoping that they are right. "

Nice one, John...If you follow my posts, you will see that I don't aim attacks at other posters.

I recall something about the tact of a 10 lb. sledge in a prev. post a few weeks ago...

Duplicity personified.....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables