Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Vitamix / Blendtec Jars - Do they Off Gas?
Posted by: nik ()
Date: January 06, 2009 06:10AM

I was wondering since these jars are poly plastic stuff instead of glass, do they off gass when you wash them? The instructions said it was dishwasher safe but to put it on the top shelf of the dishwasher only so it doesn't get as hot (I had no idea the temp. was any different on the top and bottom shelves). That's all it said though. I washed the blendtec jar in the dishwasher on the normal setting I usually use for all the dishes - heavy duty. I noticed there was a smell coming from somewhere in the kitchen like a burnt smell. I couldn't tell if it was from the dishwasher or the recently washed jar. It just made me think - does the really hot water make it off gas or loosen the toxins in the plastic so it will now come out into the food I put in the jar when I blend it and contaminate the food? I have also put my Vitamix jar in the dishwasher before and didn't notice any smells. I still don't know if that was it, it just started making me think about the plastic/heat issue. I hope that it's still safe to use and put food into it to blend. Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2009 06:10AM by nik.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Vitamix / Blendtec Jars - Do they Off Gas?
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: January 19, 2009 06:55PM

nik,

Did you get what you needed from your query on the regular Forum,[www.rawfoodsupport.com]?

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables