Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

dandelion
Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: July 10, 2006 09:40PM

DANDELIONS!!!

lions teeth as the signature get read by the doctrine thereof. perhaps the king of the garden is not so far from the kingle of the jungle. dandelinions keep on growing into a fine tasting leafy green vegetable long after the initial blaze yellow flowers acrosss the faces of spingtime lawns... showing an aboundance of nutrition to the wise who would seek it. untapped soil awaits the dadelion roots.

here is my idea.....

use the dandelion as a ground cover...say like an edge separating your lawn and garden and also as havestable plant. pick the leavesand wash them off and make it into a wonderful saled with olive oil and lemon or whatever you mix for that meditaeranian salad dressing. sweet onions go most excellentlywith dandelion leaves...the sourness of your olive oil based dressing will harmonize the palate.

. there has been a long tradition of dandelions usage as greens in the mediteranian diet. you should try it...it is really an excellent combination of flavors.

juice them in small amounts for a high boost liver tonic. add some roots too. dandelion comes up as one the top herbs for nutrition. it is all over the place and virtually free to anyone who harvests it.

if left to continue growing after the spring bloom, dandelion leaves get nice and big and can be prepared heartily in many ways.

i am experimenting with "weed gardening" and am finding out that one can actually landscape with weeds. many of these weeds are juicable and can be trained to grow in perennial groupings if you as a gardner supervize the process thereof.

i recently came up with the idea to use dandelions harvested from other areas as a border for my small garden. they are doing nicely and have now led me to think that the garden itself is a nice area for "dandelion mulching"to keep out unwanted "weeds" or grass. use the dadelions for juicing and eating in salads.

cultivating dandelions!!!..... the anti-thesis of our modern day mentality regarding "dandelions in the lawns". the potency of our non -depleted wild soils can be a healing resource which we can draw upon and make use of these untapped resources all around us. this is good to know about.

i have always been interested in exploring the untapped potential of our wild plant kingdom. many of those so called weeds are juicable and evan edible. dandelions are just a start.

finally we have a juicer technology with the green star to tap into this biopharmica growing right outside our windows. it makes me feel good to know that i can get a small glass of pure dandelion nutrition ...and ievan can tap into natures abundant resources and add some spearmint or evan plantago ovata...another common lawn herb medicine. tonics made from fresh herbs are good to add to our repertoire of healing and healthy modalities..

any wild juicers out there...?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: dandelion
Posted by: VeganLife ()
Date: July 13, 2006 02:51AM

It nice to hear someone write about something Ive been thinking about for a while! (Phew! What a mouthfull!)
Danbelions were originally brought from Europe as food. They have been mostl forgotten for their original ussage and now are just weeds. i heard a lot of good things about dandelions. Their roots are supposed to be good for you and your probiotics. I will try to juice them soon also.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables