Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

SO CONFUSED!!!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 24, 2009 04:34AM

Hi, I'm new here and would love to pick a few of your brains to get your input! I have been researching for days on the best juicer and or blender to get for us. I bought a jack lalanne power juicer pro and ended up taking it back. Seemed like the motor would give out pretty quickly. I then bought a Lexen Healthy Juicer electric because of its wheatgrass function. Well, it didn't seem to extract as much of the wheatgrass as I would of liked and it sucked at juicing carrots. It does nut butters and sorbet really good though. So now I gotta send that thing back and get what? I have read a lot of posts on the benifits of blending cause of the fiber, some posts suggesting its really not all that important. Ideally I would like to make juice and smoothies AND nut butters/sorbet. If I were to go with the vitamix would the strained juice be just as benificial as if it were juiced in a juicer? I know that I would have to also buy a manual wheatgrass juicer if I got the vitamix so basically I prolly need to win the lotto! LOL! Also, how well does the vitamix work as far as health is concerned? do all you vitamixers really feel amazing from making green smoothies? Please share with me all of your thoughts I want to make the best decision, there is just to much info out there it starts to get a bit overwhelming! Hearing from real people that use these machines everyday would be so helpful! Thanks for your time!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: SO CONFUSED!!!
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: January 24, 2009 05:35AM

in my opinion it is pretty hard to find an *all in one* machine that does everything that you want to do .. *well*

i have a old vitamix that just died after years of hard service ... it mill be replaced by a vitamix ... it does all my smothies and nut butters.. i dont do sorbets tho so not sure on that

i have an older greenstar that just does my wheatgrass and similar things

i had a cheapo centrifugal juicer for stuff like carrots

i know you probably dont wanna buy 3 machines but this is my set up smiling smiley

its kinda like the old saying .. jack of all trades good at none of them .. i think it will be hard for you to find ONE machine that does it all to your satisfaction

i have never had much luck straining juice from the vitamix .. tooo much mess and i tend to not wanna try it again smiling smiley

Yogi probably has some deeper thoughts on the issues you have smiling smiley

and i have a

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: January 24, 2009 01:28PM

sunflower11 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi, I'm new here and would love to pick a few of
> your brains to get your input! I have been
> researching for days on the best juicer and or
> blender to get for us.
Juicing in the morning, and Blending in the
afternoon, is a combo that has worked best for me....just
the right amount of Fiber. Most Raw Vegans consume too much
fiber (IMHO).
If I had to have only one juicer, it would be the new Omega 8006.
It's so new, in fact, that OmegaJuicers.com doesn't have it on their
website as yet. There are several good blenders around, but I prefer Vita-Mix.
Good Luck in your search.......WY

"To travel well is better than to arrive"....the Buddha

[www.2-life.com]

Date: January 25, 2009 04:59AM

Yeah, I'm starting to think that I might not find just one machine to do it all. How long have you had your vitamix? ever had to send it back for replacement? It seems like a good machine, so does the Blendtex or whatever its called.....anyway, thanks for the reply!

Date: January 25, 2009 05:02AM

Thanks for your input, seems like a lot of folks on here really like the vitamix. Now if I could just come up with all of that money! LOL! The omega juicers do seem like really good machines as well, they have a great warranty too!

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: January 25, 2009 06:26AM

Sun, Each appliance is for a distinct use. I purchased a Solo Star II which is good for wheat grass and regular juicing. A GreenStar is supposed to be the best juicer but it is about twice the price of the Solo Star II. Some like the Champion.

For soups, either a Vita-Mix or a K-Tec/Blendtec are the top of the line. Depends on whom you ask.

Of course, you can purchase items which have some capability but the above seem to be the highest rated. However, the above are the more expensive, too.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables