Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Seeds
Date: July 26, 2011 05:39PM

Say, I notice from the videos that people seem to just chuck the whole apple in. What about the seeds?? Do they add to the taste?? Blending or juicing, it seems there are certain things people just chuck in whole!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Seeds
Date: July 26, 2011 07:10PM

I have heard that the seeds of an apple are poisonous when juiced, think cyanide.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 26, 2011 07:30PM

Yes, it's true, the seeds do contain a toxin that I wouldn't personally include when juicing. Even though it's only a small amount of seeds, think homeopathy ~ less is more.
It's an easy enough thing to buy a manual apple slicer that cuts the fruit into manageably sized wedges while coring it at the same time. I think I paid $2 for ours and it's solid stainless steel. Handy for cutting apples up for the kid's snack time too winking smiley.

Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: July 28, 2011 12:42PM

coco Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Handy for cutting apples up for the kid's snack
> time too winking smiley.
You're a good Mama. You almost always mention your kids when you post.
What are you going to do when they grow up, move away, and start having children of their own?
As for Seeds....Nature didn't mean for us to eat Seeds and/or Nuts. How would the Parent propagate if we did?......WY

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 28, 2011 01:43PM

Love my kids but when they move out I'll give away ALL my belongings and volunteer somewhere, friends have a place in Nicaragua that is doing good stuff. Or live at a yoga ashram. Or live with my kids and care for their children. Change is evolutionary, change is good smiling smiley.
If we aren't meant to eat nuts and seeds why do they taste so good and have such amazing nutritional properties? I think we are meant to eat some and sow some personally.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables