Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Noisy dehydrator
Posted by: hope44 ()
Date: October 09, 2011 03:18PM

If anyone has a stainless steel dehydrator, can you tell me how to make it less noisy? I read somewhere to put in on a towel but that didn't work. The rattling is driving me crazy-- it's not consistent either, sort of waxes and wanes so am wondering if this has something to do with the motor?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Noisy dehydrator
Posted by: rawman ()
Date: October 13, 2011 04:04PM

What is the brand name?

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: October 14, 2011 02:33PM

I wanna know if Excaliburs are noisy so if anyone has any info on that, do tell!

Posted by: jevans369 ()
Date: October 15, 2011 11:58AM

What is noisy for some is not for others. My Excalibur is like a box fan on medium speed. I have it in a small kitchen and just got finished running it for 3 days. The noise is not that loud but it did heat up my kitchen.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: October 15, 2011 07:39PM

Thanks! So you don't feel weird leaving the home with this thing cooking your food, albeit at such a low temp? It seems a bit scary to do it.

Posted by: jevans369 ()
Date: October 17, 2011 10:47AM

It's funny you should mention that. I am one of those "concerned" types. I hate to leave anything on when not at home. I don't even leave a washer on since, with my luck, that would be the one time it would overflow or something.
BUT, I have left the dehydrator on and went out for about 8 hours. I had no choice.

But yes, it does concern me a little.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables