Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Has anyone used the Super Angel 3500 juicer?
Posted by: adadel ()
Date: February 12, 2009 06:44PM

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has used the Super Angel juicer? We have been using the Green Star for the last year and really like it. We have been looking at the Super Angel and it looks really good too and seems to get more juice out of the greens. I like the idea of being free of the pulp adjustment too.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Has anyone used the Super Angel 3500 juicer?
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: February 12, 2009 07:53PM

I've owned the Green Life, similar to your Green Star,
but the Super Angel 3500 looks to be engineered much better. It
has a triturating and pressing action far superior to the other
twin-gears on the market (on paper). Plus, I like the all stainless-
steel construction. It would probably do best as a commercial juicer,
but a large household, like yours, might justify the $900 price tag .....WY

[www.harvestessentials.com]

Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: February 17, 2009 05:45PM

have had a few experiences with the angel company and i can tell you that they have been in and out of the juicer market for a long time leaving behind alot of unhappy customers who can't get parts or repair for their angel life juicers.
please be careful.

also their twin gear system was shown to "excrete" minute sized particles (powder) of the stainless steel gears into the juices. kinda of offsets some of the health benefits we hope to gain with our juicing. btw: its a veritable nightmare to clean with all the "nooks and crannys" throughout the design. i have seen several with alot of gunk accumulating in those hard to get to surfaces.

green star has cleverly designed their model to avoid this unecessary problem with 4/1000 of an inch clearance between the gears.

juicin' john

Posted by: ydnar22 ()
Date: February 19, 2009 11:41PM

I would reccomend against purchasing the Angel Juicer. the twin gears are too close and cause stainless steel metal shavings in your juice. I called asked the manufacturer about this they basically told me I was out of luck. I have 3 that i gave refunds for that the manufacturer is unwilling to take back.

It will clog alot, It does a horrible job at getting rid of pulp. I would suggest sticking to what you got. As much as i would like the prospect of someone actually buying one I would not recommend it.

Posted by: adadel ()
Date: February 24, 2009 05:42PM

Thanks for the feedback, I'll stick to the Greenstar for now as it's good and reliable. It's sure good to have a trial and tested machine, thanks Paul

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 25, 2009 06:29PM

Hi,

I'm new to the raw world and I'm searching for a great juicer. I'm balancing between the Super angel and the Green star GS3000.

ydnar22 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I would reccomend against purchasing the Angel
> Juicer. the twin gears are too close and cause
> stainless steel metal shavings in your juice. I
> called asked the manufacturer about this they
> basically told me I was out of luck. I have 3 that
> i gave refunds for that the manufacturer is
> unwilling to take back.
>

How many did you sell? How much in percentage represent the 3 you had to give refund for? Because if it's only 2% we all know that any kind of appliance could have a bad batch.

juicin' john Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> green star has cleverly designed their model to
> avoid this unecessary problem with 4/1000 of an
> inch clearance between the gears.

When I go on the Super Angel website, they claim the gears clearance is 4/1000 too. So maybe they changed it...

Leila

Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: February 26, 2009 02:31PM

that maybe so leila ...but the beautiful simplicity of the green star and it's near perfect efficiency for juicing and cleaning up makes greenstar by far the bestter choice. save yourself several hundred dollars and get a green star. you will be very happy with your purchase.

jj

Date: March 02, 2009 08:28PM

We've been using the Super Angel 3500 for a little over a year now.

When we first got the juicer cleaning it seemed to be a little daunting but now we don't have any problems cleaning up in a couple mins and I was thinking about calling the company and seeing what they thought about if i only cleaned it once a day instead of after every use (2-3 times a day).

The construction is really good on this model and having it be all stainless means that you don't have to really worry about cleaning it perfectly after every use.
Instead you can just do a super clean (scrub everything down once) every blue moon.

I don't have any experience with any other juicers.....only blenders.
Well actually i have a centrifugal juicer a long time ago and it was garbage and i rarely ever used it.

The Angel we use 2-3 times a day. Its pretty quiet and looks great in the kitchen.

As for john's comments about the company's support, i don't know because i've never had to call them yet.

In regards to the minute sized particles of stainless steel getting into the juice. I wouldn't know obviously because if i can't see them then i'd have to do a lab test or something to find them. Even if it was an issue i really doubt its one anymore after a year of use.... I figure if the gears didn't have enough clearance at some points in the begining they must by now, so i'm not really worried and not willing to do lab tests at this point.

As to ydnarr22's comments about the Angel doing a bad job at getting rid of pulp. I haven't had any problems of that sort. I guess its important to note what kind of foods i've been juicing though. I mostly do Celery / Apple /// wheat grass.
Sometimes i do alittle carrot, cucumber, dandellion etc.

If you do Apples on their own you might run into some problems because they don't have enough fiber to run threw quick and easy. For me its not a problem because i only use apples in addition to celery. I throw a few apples slices in, then a celery stick or two, followed by another few apples slices etc etc. The celery sucks in on its own usually or sometimes with alittle help. The celery helps push apples threw and keeps the process smooth and efficient.

If you were to do apples on their own eventually you'd have overflow on the top which is not good. After a long time i think it would go back down but thats defiantly not the way to do it.

If you cram in too much wheat grass(i'm talking a alot) at the same time then it might get stuck, fortunately there is a REVERSE button for a quick fix and i've only had a grass jam once.

If anyone has any other questions i'd be happy to try and help.

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: March 02, 2009 11:31PM

Piotr01....Thank you for your nice report on
the Angel 3500.
I've found, over the years, that any juicing I do over and
over again (like Wheatgrass, Carrot, and Celery) is best done
with a small, easily handled Juicer. I don't even like the big
64-ounce container that came with my blender....opting to use
a 48-ounce instead.....WY

Date: December 24, 2009 07:41PM

I just bought the Super Angel 5500 and like it (same as the 3500, but with improvements). I've used four Green Star juicers over the years. I've definitely noticed a deterioration of Tribest’s quality controls on their machines. Fortunately, their customer service is excellent, as I’ve used the warranty on several occasions, which I won’t go into all the details but they included: motor mount issues, cracked nylon on the gears, a bad motor return on a brand new machine, gear misalignment causing a chirping sound at start up before food enters and buffers the gears apart slightly, and gaps between the nylon molding around the later manufactured gears that leads to internal corrosion within the gears over time.

The main issue for the Super Angel is getting the gears out of the screen housing after juicing (pulp lodges between the gears and the inside of the screen housing making their removal for cleaning a challenge). The manufacturer’s instructions for remedying the matter (pages 11 and 15 in their manual) setup the non-discerning user for potential significant damage to the gears and screen housing.

Basically, per their instructions, if the machine does not shut off automatically while the screen housing is being pulled away from the motor base, major damage can result. Here’s how: if the drive gear in still seated on the motor base drive shaft while the non-drive gear dislodges and stays in the screen housing, which does happen, then pulling the screen housing away from the motor unit more than one-eighth to three-eighths inches, causes the still rotating drive gear to gouge the non-drive gear while simultaneously causing screen housing to begin rotating round.

It is a rather serious issue and problem because the automatic shut off only works when the screen housing is at least one-half to thee-quarters inch away from the motor base, thus well within the range where the drive gear can catch on the non-drive gear if they do not come off the motor base at the same time. I called about this, but I don’t think the representative fully understood/comprehended what I was staying.

As far as juice quality, the Super Angel hands down is the most effective juicer I’ve used. Very dry pulp with a rich, full-favored juice. With my Green Stars, I always re-juiced my pulp from my “root juices” to get extract another 200 to 250 ml juice let in the pulp from the first pass through the juicer. Not so with the super angel; it extracts every last drop.

Posted by: leanne77 ()
Date: May 13, 2013 06:33AM

I've not tried the angeljuicer, but have been thinking about it until reading the above posts. Not real keen on metal shavings in my juice!

However, in my hunt so far I'd found the cheapest only from a legitimate looking aussier seller to be from these guys:

[www.feelgoodstore.com.au]

Given that they have another cold press juicer on sale for almost 1/3 the price, what are peoples thoughts on this:
[www.feelgoodstore.com.au]

I've heard good things about them but would like to hear some first-hand feedback.

Cheers,
Leanne

Posted by: All Things Good ()
Date: March 12, 2015 02:32AM

Sorry but the Angel does not have any metal shavings come from it. I own an angel and this is fear mongering likely from someone who sells juicers.

I have been spammed by a guy who calls himself "john" on my youtube channel and goes on and on about how bad angels juciers are and how the support isn't there. Sound familiar?

I don't have any affilation with angel juicers or blendtec or anything else. Be careful who you listen to. One person can have multiple accounts too.

Here is the video I was spammed on with a youtuber questioning me about metal shavings lie. The person spreading that lie is EVIL and is worrying people and creating fear not promoting health. I hate that!

If you got a problem with the company take it up with them buddy.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: April 09, 2015 09:46PM

I own a Super Angel 5500 that I have had for several years. Bought it from Harvest Essentials. com for around $1000.

Metal shavings would indicate a defect covered under warranty. And you just inspect the gear and file your warranty claim. If it isn't fear mongering, they will give you new augers at their expense. End of problem. I have worked with US juicers and had no customer service issues whatsoever.

I understand John K got burned in the past. I have no idea if the same management that created his problem is still on board. So, while I understand John's position, I look at the EU juicer results and relax. I have no metal shavings. If I did, I trust US Juicers to honor their warranty, and know where in the FTC I would need to go to make it right if they didn't.

Paul

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: April 21, 2015 07:58AM

I have both an angel and green star. I use both. I don't ever hear the gears hitting each other on the angel, so I doubt if there are shavings in the juice. Any scientific evidence? Once my gears hit each other on the green star. It turns out the plastic part on one gear will eventually break and has to be replaced when it gets old, like in 5-10 years. But when I heard the gears hitting, it ran for like one second and I turned it off. It sounds horrible when that happens.

Posted by: juiceforlife ()
Date: July 08, 2015 08:50PM

If there are metal shavings, do yourself a favor and call the company and get an exchange. This is the best juicer hands down -
You could use this opportunity to upgrade to the newest model. Granted it is $2000, but can you put a price tag on all the health benefits you will get?
Now, here is the deal - do you want to drive a fancy car and watch a curved 72 inch TV set and be unhealthy or would you rather have a good juicer? 'nuff said

Posted by: autumn-vegan ()
Date: February 09, 2016 02:21PM

I would just like to mention that I use a wire brush, the sort used for cleaning a grill, to scrub the twin gears clean. I have an Angel juicer (although not sure what model). The wire brush does an excellent job!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables