Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: exotic juicing ideas...
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: April 05, 2009 07:47AM

oh hey
thanks for the cool picks
it looks quite pretty

like the stem too looks like bamboo
and the inflorescences

but i was looking for the 'FRUIT"

in the previous link u had but i didn't find any fruit in the pic

does it have an edible fruit too?

i sometimes like tart in my salads

it tastes so yummy and delightful

if i find some of the knotty weeds
i'm going to make a delicious ambrosia

maybe a bit of mint in it too

or make a juice soup

and consume it with a big soupy spoon tongue sticking out smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: April 06, 2009 02:17PM

hi la vie

the japanese knotweed does not have any fruits. i think you may be referring to the russian olive which i also was talking about.

[www.psa-rising.com]

this one is incredible and it juices perfectly in the green star machine which we both are using. these berries are really plentiful once you locate an area where they grow.

they feed into the green star automatically without needing to use the plunger and they go through really steady, quick and smooth without any back up.

you could literally juice gallons of this stuff with a greenstar. it would be good for dehydrating into fruit leathers as well.

i am thinking about a juice fast on russian olives next october when they start ripening again.

i'm going to stretch a tarp on the ground and just lett the berries fall as i harvest them. the trees are very flexible and only about 20 feet tall so a person can reach up and bend the tree down toward the ground for picking them. i think i'll pound a stake into the ground and tien the tree to it while i am harvesting and then when i'm done i will untie it and it will pop right back up to it "normal tree posture". then i will transferr the berries from the tarp on the grownd into a five gallon bucket. whats nice is that they are free for the taking and the flavor and color is very unique.

juicin' john

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: April 09, 2009 02:19PM

JJ....Why don't you post at "Omega vs GreenStar" and
tell us what you like about your GreenStar? So many of you like
it. I know LaV does, and I think Jodi does too....WY

Posted by: HealthNVitality ()
Date: April 19, 2009 02:06PM

Olive juice is an interesting idea.
Even though it is not a whole food, such as blended olives, it is more of a whole food than olive oil.
The olive juice should contain lipases and other enzymes.

If you post a reply to this message and would like my feedback, it would be best to send me a private message to that effect. Otherwise, I may not check this thread for a while.

***Info from the advisors at HealthNVitality***

Date: April 26, 2009 07:45PM

wow the japanese knotweeds are getting up nicely. i will have some soon.!

resveratrol ....the highly touted sirtuin activator....fountain of youth supplement. wow !!!available from this plant.

what a nice free gift from GOD highly usable by those who have a juicer.

full sized twin gear juicing machines are unbeatable for maximum juicing of a wide variety of free wild vegetable sources. if you are wise you will not settle for less.

stick with the original full sized twin gear juicer and it will serve you faithfully efficiently and quickly and open up the possiblity to juice a really wide variety of vegetable,herb and fruit combinations.

i have a new idea to share.................

it concerns the use of burdock root which is right now in the the early stages of spring emergence.this is the optimal time for juicing it.

you will be amazed at its ambrosial like quality on the palate with i/2 carrot juiced after the burdock root goes through.

there is alot of digging with a shovel here be forewarned that your burdock treat will be well earned. this is the end of season prime time to juice the roots.

the roots are very tasty and good for you. juice them or just eat them. they are a delicacy wild veggie and i have seen them for sale in supermarkets for a hefty price.

[www.wildmanstevebrill.com] : is a website which shows a picture of it.

i just dug some up and juiced the rooots. which have a fragile easy to peel skin around a delicious root core. and evan a littleof sweetness with it.

there a a crop of nice very young leaves which i will juice separately for a bitter green drink. perhaps cut the bitter down with carrot apple ginger.

burdock root is easy to find ...i mean very very easy to find in most places. you need to shovel deeply to get the root as one long piece.

i dug mine at about 1 foot deep but i should have dug a hole beside the root to create a better angle for harvesting the root.

sometimes several roots are growing near each other..... so digging a a deep hole beside the roots of several plants in a group can give you acess to to several roots at once from a trench dug along side of the root you wish to harvest. so digging down deep would give you the best length roots. good healthy ones are about 3/4 in or more at their core. you also can juice the outer skins for added nutrition. core alone is gormet with carrot and a very thin slice of ginger.

roots are silghyly sweet and the leaves are bitter. it has to be gotten early on in its growth cylcle for best results.

at this time of the season the the strengh of the plant is pushing upward into the new full-sized leafy portions.

these green leafy potions are very bitter and can only be used in small quantities and possibly combined (as i said earlier) with carrot apple ginger to tame down some of the wild bitter in the leafy portions.. juice the roots for the best flavor!. leaves shall be called bitters for the liver.

someone could make money digging these roots and selling them to knowlegeable health food store grocers. not for juicing though.

this juice would be like in the $25 for an 8 oz. serving with a nice carrot and "small thin slice of ginger" combination. this has a nice frothiness type of consistency to it when made in the greenstar and it is wuick ...boom boom and its done for 12 ounces of pure juice with a carrot.

you could go into business for wealth people who have no way of putting this kinda drink together for themselves but are hip enouhg to be into juicing. there must be alot of those around. go into business and cater this to their location for alot of money. lol

when looking at the burdock plant when it really gets growing full throttle on its journey to maturity .... its enormous strength of growing..... creates quite a contrasting impression as i enjoy a drink of it here early on in its cycle.

it is only here in this extremely nutritious state of growth in the early springtime. like right now. you gotta harvest right now.

baby nettle are getting ready to juice....right almost ready.

juicin' john

p.s i'll be trying the japanese knotweed for juicing soon. i think it should be nicely sour almost like rhubarb it needs to be juiced its early stages of growth....i'm just a beginner at juicing all this woderful and evan free wild food from GOD.

Date: April 26, 2009 07:55PM

in an asian market it may be called gobo.

here is another link showing a cultivated 4 month old plant . leaves can get very large with celery like stalks and very bitter to taste.

[www.horizonherbs.com]

jj

Posted by: HealthNVitality ()
Date: May 03, 2009 10:33PM

juicin john,

Thanks for the info.
Which part(s) of the japanese knotweed plant contains the most resveratrol?
My research indicates that the stem contains the most resveratrol, and that the root is secondary.
Which part(s) do you juice?

If you post a reply to this message and would like my feedback, it would be best to send me a private message to that effect. Otherwise, I may not check this thread for a while.

***Info from the advisors at HealthNVitality***

Date: May 26, 2009 06:19PM

i just did some alfalfa juice with apple and ginger and it was really good.

alfalfa is easy to find if you live out of the city and it is loaded with minerals and other goodies. i also added some homegrown spearmint to my blend.

red clover and alfalfa is a great theraputic blend for those who really need somthing theraputical.

lots of good stuff growing wild. not great tasting (some of it) but doing small quantities or shots is a good way to handle it.

i usually pour some water into the feeding chute of my greenstar after each use during the day and then plop it into the sinkful of hot water at the end of the day. (sometimes i let it soak over night cause i get lazy and then clean it up first thing in the morning)

actually i found out a good way to approach clean up:

fill the sink full of water
plop juicer parts into the water
and just pick up one part and clean it (an easy one)

the whole thing is psychological... usually after cleaning that one little easy to clean part..it is very easy to say" well i'll do one more part..next thing you know it is a very simple task to continue until the whole thing is clean and on the rack and done.

its called procrastination ...i think?

jj

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables