Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

"green lemonade" (kale,spinach) embarassing nutrition question
Posted by: boltof ()
Date: October 26, 2012 05:24PM

I have been a big fan of juicing for a couple years now. My staple was about a liter of juice from:
-kale
-spinach
-couple carrots
-apple or a little lemon to sweeten

The first time I drank it, it felt wonderful, like my body was getting all kinds of nutrients it was missing, a feeling of warm glowing. Since I started, I have never been sick (I used to get colds), and have seen other health benefits, eg. disappearance of tendonitis and other misc pains.

But... it seems like you can have too much of a good thing. This is the embarassing part, over the past 2 years, my libido really dropped. Not to get too graphic, but basically I no longer woke up with morning wood and almost completely stopped getting erections. I never made the link with juicing, until a couple weeks ago, when I decided to really get to the bottom of it and went on a juicing fast - as I assumed the problem was something to do with my diet. So I spent a week, not eating, and only drinking the "green lemonade" described above. But it didn't help.
Finally, I stopped the juice altogether, and went back to eating regularly, and after 3 days, the ED problem went away and I started feeling normal 'down there' again. Including in the morning... Now a couple of weeks without juicing and everything is back to normal, I am 100% sure that the juice caused this.

So my question is, what in kale and spinach could have been causing this? In the research I have done online, they are cited as cures for ED, not causes. I would love to find an answer, because right now I am scared of juicing any greens at all. I would love to find a way to start jucing again for the benefits, but not at the cost of ED. thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: "green lemonade" (kale,spinach) embarassing nutrition question
Posted by: lineola ()
Date: October 26, 2012 05:56PM

The only thing that immediately comes to mix is oxalates. However, a brief search on oxalate poisoning doesn't show that as a symptom (eye irriation, numbness in face or skin, diarrea..etc are the main things I see). It is my understanding that you should rotate your greens and not eat any particular green daily--spinach especially since it is high in oxalates. It may be that you aren't experiencing oxalate poisoning but are having some reaction to eating the same greens daily.

sorry I can't be of more help.

Posted by: newhoove ()
Date: November 13, 2012 01:19AM

My opinion is you were lacking in sodium.

If I were a betting man, I'd say you had circulation problems, symptoms including getting dizzy when standing up and extremities frequently falling asleep.

Decreased circulation means decreased blood flow to your penis.

Just my opinion.

Posted by: fresherthanlife ()
Date: January 28, 2013 12:35AM

1) Oxalates due to not varying up the greens
2) Missing nutrition, from not varying the diet itself up enough

[fresherthanlife.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables