Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

wheatgrass question
Date: March 09, 2013 06:14AM

I was wondering when you finish growing your wheatgrass, can you leave the grass anywhere you want in the house or do you have to refrigerate it? Does anyone know how long it will last til it expires? thanks, this is my first time growing it

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: wheatgrass question
Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: March 09, 2013 08:13AM

littlemisstwilight Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
.....can you leave the grass anywhere you want in the house or do you have to refrigerate it?

While in the growing stage, Wheatgrass reaches its full potency when it reaches 6" to 9" in height. Once cut, it should be juiced immediately. However, I have stored cut grass in the refrigerator for a couple of days.
I have just moved into a space that will allow me to rekindle my interest in growing Wheatgrass. The 'key' is using nutrient dense compost. Growing in 2" plastic trays, without soil, produces an inferior grass....an Exercise-in-Futility.
The Art of growing Wheatgrass should be approached with an assembly-line mentality......WY

Re: wheatgrass question
Date: March 10, 2013 01:40AM

do the seeds take really long to sprout? about 24 hours?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables