Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Can raw juice be raw if it's processed?
Posted by: nyrawfoodie ()
Date: March 26, 2013 11:57PM

Hey everyone, new to these forums and writing from NYC. I was wondering if any of the experienced raw juicers out there have heard of high pressure processing (HPP). Is a juice that's made using this process still actually raw? A friend of mine told me no since the processing destroys the live enzymes that are essential to a juice being raw. Wondering what the folks around here think or know about it. Thanks!
Steve

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can raw juice be raw if it's processed?
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: March 27, 2013 01:18AM

Let me ask you a question: have you Googled this process? In any case, why would there be a need to use this process, hmm? At Whole Foods they sell fresh-squeezed orange juice. It sounds like this process helps preserve the juice somewhat...

Re: Can raw juice be raw if it's processed?
Posted by: nyrawfoodie ()
Date: March 27, 2013 03:26PM

Yes I have googled it. And from what the google and scientific evidence says, the process destroys live enzymes. However, a big national company is selling juice that they label as raw yet nowhere on the packaging do they say they use the high pressured processing. Only on their website do they say this, and they don't say anything about how HPP destroys the live enzymes. Hence the confusion on my part.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables