Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I searched but came up blank... mostly.
Posted by: swart23 ()
Date: March 29, 2013 12:42AM

I am trying to find out how many calories actually get into the juice.

Here's the situation. This morning I entered "3 organic fuji apples" into MyFitnessPal and it says 213 calories.

My Lacinato Kale at 300 grams and it says 150 calories.

I did not consume the pulp. So... how do I decide (or know) how many "calories" are left in those apples and the kale?

If 3 fuji apples = 213 calories and I am placing them in my Breville Juicer on high. I use the 850W breville juicer and do all on high. How many of those 213 calories made it into my juice, so I can consume them. How many of them got thrown out in (with) the pulp (remnants)?

I'm currently losing weight via a weight loss goal that I started. I have been blogging about it. I was 252 pounds in January 2013 and am now 194.5, as of today (March 28th, 2013).

I'd love a response to this... as I am trying to determine my caloric count (consumed) throughout the day. I typically don't count the calories so much, but I have a goal in mind and I read online that there are approximately 3500 calories in a pound of fat. I'm looking to learn how many calories go into the juice from my fruits and vegetables.

Thank you!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I searched but came up blank... mostly.
Posted by: timeconnors ()
Date: March 29, 2013 03:53AM

When apples alone are used to make fresh juice, the calories in an 8-oz. glass of raw apple juice total 110

Read more: [www.livestrong.com]
250 grams of apple juice = 120 calories
Try juicing 3 apples than measure liquid before adding Kale will give you the calories in the apples. Wonderful to hear about your wieght loss. Must feel good.

Posted by: swart23 ()
Date: March 29, 2013 05:49AM

timeconnors Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> When apples alone are used to make fresh juice,
> the calories in an 8-oz. glass of raw apple juice
> total 110
>
> Read more:
> [www.livestrong.com]-
> in-raw-apple-juice/#ixzz2OtgmSeab
> 250 grams of apple juice = 120 calories
> Try juicing 3 apples than measure liquid before
> adding Kale will give you the calories in the
> apples. Wonderful to hear about your wieght loss.
> Must feel good.

110 for an 8 ounce glass. Hmmm... Makes a huge difference when counting calories for weight loss consumption and minimizing caloric intake while doing so. From 213 down to 110... that's a hundred calorie drop. UhhhG! If only there was a way to know for sure for each item I put in the Breville. I'm losing 51.64% of the calories in the apple juice alone.

If my caloric intake for the day was say 586 via MyFitnessPal's calculations (of whole, raw foods), then there is a chance that they could be about 50% off??? Interesting...

If you're "viewing" this and have ideas or insight, please let me know. I'd love to figure this out.

Is there some sort of "calorie" counter that one can buy that they can pour their liquid through or "weigh" their calories with?

Posted by: timeconnors ()
Date: March 29, 2013 12:34PM

[www.calorieking.com] is a good source of info they sell something and also have free info online. It is used by the long term calorie reduction study trails to help people determine how many calories they are consuming. I had a friend who was in a two year study who was recommended to use it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables