Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Omega vs GreenStar
Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: April 17, 2009 01:40AM

rawie

you are maybe not strong enough to push a crrot through greenstar....if so you must cut carrot into right size easily enough. then it will be not problem. full size carrot pushing with greenstar is for strong healthy people only everybody else needs to cut to correct sizes.

jj

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jonl138 ()
Date: April 17, 2009 02:08AM

WY - i will juice carrots like crazy with my greenstar in hopes
to become more credible and not hide behind a phony name.....what a joke...

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: April 17, 2009 07:42AM

jonl138 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WY - i will juice carrots like crazy with my
> greenstar in hopes
> to become more credible and not hide behind a
> phony name.....what a joke...
Okay....tell us who you are. It looks suspicious
when you make a post, and it's a 'first post'.
I'm on day 3 of a Juice Fast, having 20 to 40 ounces of
Carrot Juice everyday. I'd be interested to know the
efficiency of your GreenStar. After straining, my juicer
yields 8 ounces of carrot juice for every pound of carrots.
What do you get with your GreenStar?....WY

Posted by: kiki_day ()
Date: April 22, 2009 12:09AM

rawie-- Have you gotten your Omega 8006 yet? How would you rate your juicing experience with it so far? Thank you so much--both rawie and wheatgrass yogi-- your conversation has convinced me that the Omega 8006 is the next juicing purchase for me. I was on the fence with a few others but now I am certain. Does anyone know when discountjuicers will be accepting orders again????

Posted by: kiki_day ()
Date: April 22, 2009 02:56AM

Also, just curious as to why the 8006 isn't advertised at all on Omega's official website??

Posted by: nannie11 ()
Date: April 23, 2009 11:30AM

I just received my new Omega 8006 and really liked how easy it was to use. But the clean - up was the best. It was so easy compared to my Greenstar 2000, which is a great machine but a beast to clean after Juicing. I also liked how little space the Omega took up on my counter compared to the Greenstar. I would have loved a little less plastic but the price was right and it works great and the 15 year guarantee can't be beat. I juiced carrots and it was a breeze to do and clean-up as I said before was a snap. Anyone on the fence about purchasing this machine, go for it you will love it.

Date: April 23, 2009 05:28PM

here is an interesting quote i found on another board

“At first I thought that liquefiers would be the most wonderful thing. All the material was there, nothing was lost. But it didn’t work. Then I found out through a physicist that in the liquefier, in the center, there is positive electricity and in the fluid there is negative electricity. This electricity kills the oxidizing enzymes. And that is also true for centrifugal juicer and the other apparatus. The juice must therefore made by a grinder and a separate press - if possible, made of stainless steel."

Date: April 23, 2009 05:36PM

greenstar clean up takes me less than 3 minutes and othersw have have told me thaey can do it evan faster than that.

"those who seek to find difficulties will undoubtably find them.".............. anon.

also juicing carrots is quite easy and it is a rewarding and pleasant thought to know that i am getting a high quality juice in return for that little bit of extra work i put out to push my carrots through.

i may have actually picked up a few extra yards on my tee shots as a side benefit. bring it on .... i love it!!!

jj

Posted by: Rawie ()
Date: April 23, 2009 11:20PM

kiki,

I gave up and ordered the Omega 8005 from BedBathNBeyond with the 20% coupon. I'll just have to order the auger separately from Omega if I'm not happy with the 8005 auger. I had a feeling I'm just going to use it primarily for leafty greens, so hardness of the auger is not that critical.

-rw

Re: Omega 8005 vs 8006
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 20, 2010 05:10PM

Okay, okay. Let me clarify. The Omega 8003 & 8005 are the same. The Omega 8004 are 8006 are the same. The primary difference is the plastic auger vs. the high tech material auger that is in the even numbered.

With that being said, I still want to know why the 8003 with the 8006 auger is only being used for celery? If the 8006 comes as the most highly recommended, if you only had to buy one juicer, it would seem you have that with the 8003 (with added 8006 augur). Any comments?

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: March 20, 2010 06:59PM

I have the 8006 and no problems whatsoever with the plastic auger. Did they have steel ones before? I understand the irration of it but it's been perfectly fine. You have to exert a little force when making the juice, it's a bit slow, but it's not a deal-breaker.

Posted by: Mama Cass ()
Date: March 31, 2010 05:01PM

i love my omega.
bought it in 2004, have replaced a few parts (auger, blank), and have absolutely no complaints.

i want a back-up champion for certain recipes (found one along the way and passed it on to budding raw-foodie friends, can't be greedy) and have a very simple citrus juicer and blender. and i use them all multiple times a day. which i think is a good sign!

and though carrots and beets are a little tough, it does celery, greens and most other fruits/veggies i put through in a very lovely manner.

enjoy the juicer!

peace-

Date: March 31, 2010 06:09PM

@Mama Cass: I get great carrot juice yield and the pulp is bone-dry. Totally different experience from my centrifugal. I am very satisfied with my purchase. For the price especially, I feel that I got something a bit comparable to the Green Star.

Posted by: ancient11 ()
Date: January 31, 2012 04:23PM

I realize that this is an old post but it has turned up in Several discussions that are currently being posted. Google and Yahoo are still placing this foremost in their returns when searches are done .

Over the years I have owned several juicers – Right now the Green Star Elite, the Omega 8006, the vert 350 and the Breville juice fountain elite. I value my countertop space and so you will find the Omega 8006 and Juice Fountain Elite sitting on it. The vert 350 and Green Star are sitting in my closet as standbys. If I am doing tomatoes or green juices it is the 8006 but for everything else it is the Breville. Apparently Omega has cured the plastic problem completely for here is no plastic in your juice.

The two juicers that fit my style of juicing, may not fit your style juicing at all. I can only state what works for me. The Green Star is absolutely too much work to use and cleanup is a nightmare if you have to do it twice a day. With all of that said, it gives the finest quality juice of all juicers out there but the 8006 is so close that there is not enough difference to write home about.

The vert 350 is one fine juicer but the prep time is longer and cleanup is longer, not to mention the fact that it is so much more expensive – not really worth it in my opinion, but my opinion isn't worth that much either – smile.

Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: January 31, 2012 07:27PM

ancient11 Wrote:
> ....... I value my countertop space and so you will find the Omega 8006 and Juice Fountain Elite sitting on it.

I'm doing very similar. I have an Omega 8004, and an Omega 4000 on my counter. I Love the 4000 for Carrot Juice, even if it is a little wasteful......WY

Date: March 28, 2012 04:30PM

Ancient11,

i must call you out on your exaggerated remark that the GreenStar is too much work to use and a nightmare to clean up. here is visual proof which cannot be denied. exaggerating to that degree is comparable to deliberate deception. a shameful thing.

[www.youtube.com]

there is alot of space between 2 min. and "nightmare to clean".

juicin' john

Date: March 28, 2012 07:04PM

John, one person's experience is not the same as another's. I found the GS juicer such a pain to clean that I sold it after only a few months for a fraction of the cost and bought something else. It's not the juicer for everyone, particularly if you don't wash dishes at maximum speed or you like things to be really clean winking smiley.

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: March 28, 2012 08:16PM

John,

I have two twingear juicers, a Greenpower kempo, and a SuperAngel. The latter is easier to clean but I agree with you that even the Kempo isn't a nightmare. That said, it is longer than two minutes. Part of the difference might be standards of cleanliness. As I said recently, the GSE is a great juicer at its price point. I'll stick with my Super Angel and not look back. Some will take their Omega 8004 and look at you and I like we are crazy in the head and maybe we are but. Chacun a son gout.... "to each their own"

Paul

Date: March 29, 2012 02:16AM

juicin' john Wrote:
..... here is visual proof which cannot be denied.
> [www.youtube.com]

I don't like the way he cleans his juicer. It ain't Spiritual......WY

Date: March 29, 2012 08:19PM

>
> I don't like the way he cleans his juicer. It
> ain't Spiritual......WY

?????????????????????????????????????????

Date: March 29, 2012 09:12PM

banana who Wrote:
> > I don't like the way he cleans his juicer. It
> > ain't Spiritual......WY
>
> ?????????????????????????????????????????

Is it that difficult to understand? Will someone who knows what I meant, please explain it to BW?......WY

Date: March 29, 2012 09:16PM

I had no idea there was a spiritual way to clean things. I thought you were poking fun.

Date: March 29, 2012 10:01PM

cleaning the screen on the twin gear is the only labor intensive part of the job. everything else is basically a rinsing off.

it does not surprise me that Wheatgrass Yogi would find something to criticise.... but often such behavior is only a projection of hidden things within their own psychological makeup ...which by the way are very difficult for the person doing it to see and evan more difficult to admit to if someone else would attempt to help them see it.

on the spiritual path we must ever be watchful for the ugly manifestations of blind self righteousness. it sneaks up and creeps in almost unoticed and loves to find fault and blame.

Wheatgrass Yogi the fact intended is that twin gear is not a nightmare to clean.

Thanks to Ancientll and the you tube video i have had a great opportunity to illustrate that fact.

i wish you well.

jj

Date: March 29, 2012 10:28PM

John, it's amazing to me that you keep coming to this forum exclusively to tell people like me who owned and used a Greenstar/Greenpower at home and at work that our experience with it was somehow ... not real. Because you say so.
Look here, I'm telling you buddy, I did not find that machine a breeze to use or to clean, it was a pain in the bu++.
Some people are not going to mind the time and effort it takes to get that screen clear, they aren't going to mind how the chute backs up, how foamy the juice is, how the adjustment knob is fiddly and tricky to use or how it's not possible to make a volume of juice without taking apart, cleaning and reassembling the juicer but I DID and that's a valid experience.
I strongly suggest that people go to a source that lets them see and try out a machine of that cost before they buy it. I ended up losing lots of cash on my trade in but it was worth every penny to have a different machine, one that worked better for me. For ME.
Everybody is going to have their own opinion of each machine so let's not have any more of this "the best machine is___" and a little more "In My Opinion___" OK?

Date: March 30, 2012 12:33AM

quite an emotional response there coco...i wont go there with you and neither will i fuel your desire for more of your negative posting.

i am showing here is a representation of use and cleanup of GreenStar made in you tube video by John Kohler....... the man who created this website and this forum.

John Kohler is by his own words a consumer advocate and if you time the portion of this video which shows him cleaning up the GreenStar Elite .....it whould come out to about 2 minutes and 30 seconds or so. how does that equate to "nightmare" or evan "pain in the bu++"?

here is a link to that video.

[www.youtube.com]

Greenstar Elite is a really a superfine juicer.

juicin' john

Date: March 30, 2012 04:51AM

What makes the Green Star so unpleasant to clean is the number of parts, plus two holes. I counted 7 parts (not counting the juice and pulp bowls) as John Kohler was cleaning the GS Elite, and they're rather bulky. The Omega 8004 has 4 parts, and they're on the small side.
What John didn't show us in the video (and no one else does either) is the cleaning of the two holes in the juicer where the twin-gears fit. Juice and Pulp collect there. I found the best way to clean the two holes was to use Q-tips, and it was difficult trying to get them clean. Also, my Green Star stained rather badly. I found that Olive Oil did a good job of removing the Carrot Juice stains.
Speaking from Experience, when I say the Green Star is a Pain to clean, I mean it......WY

Date: March 30, 2012 02:39PM

LOL even John Kohler has a video specifically showing how to clean juice stains so you know it's an issue with plastic juicers for sure.

And my post was in no way any more negative than any of yours JJ. Things are not "bad" just because you don't agree with them. People here are willing to accept the validity of your experiences with your juicer, the least you can do is show the same courtesy. If you find that juicer easy to clean, that's your exerience and no one will refute it. But to say that someone who finds it a pain to use is "wrong" is disrespectful and inaccurate. I found that juicer a pain. I wouldn't own another one if someone gave it to me for free.

To each their own.

Date: March 30, 2012 03:06PM

coco and wheatgrass yogi

the both of you are very unique .....and thankfully so in a minority.... regarding your GreenStar experiences.

it would be painful and a waste of good energy to continue any discussion with either one of you.

i would like to thank the both of you for giving me a great opportunity to present positive visual evidence regarding GreenStar's quick and easy cleanup.

keep on the sunny side..... always on the sunny side

[www.youtube.com]

wish you well

jj

Date: March 30, 2012 03:14PM

another great rendition....

[www.youtube.com]

enjoy

jj

Date: March 30, 2012 04:09PM

here is the original Keep On The Sunny Side recorded in 1928.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2012 04:17PM by juicin' john.

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables