Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Long-Term Juice Fast
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: April 26, 2009 02:37AM

Hey, WY, Juice Feasting didn't agree with me either. I tried it awhile back, and I was hungry on it; it didn't feel like a genuine fast. (Live and learn, right?) I lost some weight, but not as much as I do when I do a regular juice fast. I think Juice Feasting is great for people who haven't been raw very long and still have a lot of toxins stored in their systems.

I totally understand about your predicament. Are you going to eat while you're with your mom? That makes perfect sense to me, especially if she's going to be perturbed about your fasting.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: cocoa_nibs ()
Date: April 26, 2009 05:04AM

WY, I have stalled in my weightloss for over a week now. Frustrating. I guess I need to reduce the fruits and go more green. I am planning on doing a few days of water only as well wile I am travelling. How to prevent weight regain afterwards? At the moment I am planning to just eat what I am juicing now, with the added fiber, things should be okay, me thinks?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 26, 2009 12:40PM

Morning!

I'm on my third and final water fast day (tomorrow I switch to juice! I cannot wait!). Yesterday was good, I worked a long shift which was very distracting, and by the time I got home all I had energy to think about was the cage design for some new animals we're getting after our move in a few months. I slept well, got a solid nine hours and am feeling refreshed this morning! I am feeling some pain in my lower back this morning, not as bad as last night however. I injured it last summer in a cycling accident, so I am going to take that pain as a sign of healing with my fast. Quite happy about that!

Hunger pains were intense, and I got a bit snippy, but I stopped myself, remembering that it was only my "hunger" that was making me so angry. Settled down and read a bit after that.

All in all, everything is going well thus far. During my eight day juice fast I went down about 10 pounds, and have gone down another 2 on my water fast. I'm a happy bunny smiling smiley .

Hope everyone else is well, I am in awe at those who are on past their tenth day..goodness!

- Adrian

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: April 26, 2009 04:35PM

kwan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I totally understand about your predicament. Are
> you going to eat while you're with your mom?
I'm not sure. After 11 days of Just Juice, I'm going through some
emotional problems that I don't like. Are you still snapping
at Jonathan? I have enough trouble living with myself. I guess
you have to cook for him?
Don't worry if you don't hear from me for a while. I'll still be
on the Juice Fast, but need to take a 'break' from posting. I'm
beginning to say strange things.
I'll still be following your progress, and the others too....WY
P.S. I'm not sure I can go back to eating Solids. I like the way
I'm looking on Juices. I can see the 'real' me coming out.

Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: April 26, 2009 05:49PM

Hey WY,

If you are still online or for when you get back... You've been such a big help to so many people here. I hope you benefit from the online downtime. You are a valuable member of this community.

I don't know where you live but hopefully the weather invites you outside and you can feel the healing and new life of this season all around you.

Wishing you all the best!

Date: April 26, 2009 10:27PM

Hi WY,
We'll miss you. Come back and touch base with us when you feel ready. I understand what you're going through. Even though much of the time I feel more in tune with my inner being and intuition, I find that I am at times very emotional. Yes, I am definitely still being irritable and dare I say unfair to Jonathan at times. My emotions are much closer to the surface and right in the midst of feeling really happy and peaceful... boom!... stuff comes up and I feel like a three-year-old again. It's strange, but I'm used to it as something that happens when i juice fast. I think the worst is over.

Yes, I cook for Jonathan. We do just about everything together, and when I'm fasting I sometimes wish I could have a break for it.

Glad you're liking the way you look on juices. I feel the same way! Viva la vie liquidarian!

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: April 27, 2009 04:40AM

Day 10:
Today was noticeably free of the emotional ups and downs I've noticed on other days. I played music at the local pub this afternoon, and wasn't tempted in the least by the smells of food all around me. I had a great time. Tonight I read a book and did some yoga.

As far as my juice line-up goes.... same old same old:

2 large glasses of orange juice with greens powder added
1 'Synergy' strawberry flavored kombucha drink
some lemonade made with honey

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: April 27, 2009 12:43PM

Hi Kwan,

I've been following this thread and was wondering... What is the difference between a juice fast and a juice feast? Quantity? Some people use the terms interchangeably, I suspect to calm the concerns of people who are afraid of fasting.

Thanks for any thoughts and thanks for sharing your journey.

Date: April 27, 2009 03:47PM

Lee--
JuiceFeasting involves adding a host of supplements, vitamins, minerals and super-foods to juice and fasting for (generally) really long period of time. Some people do it for 92 days. There are a lot of people who swear by it, and there's a beautiful website where all the details are laid out-- it's free information-- and people can blog and journal about their experiences.

I'll double-check the url and post it.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: April 27, 2009 04:19PM

Lee,
Here's the link:
[www.juicefeasting.com]

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: April 27, 2009 06:04PM

THANKS! I like that it is free. But, I'm not much into supplements... I like the idea of lots of fresh juice though.

Much appreciate the link. smiling smiley

Hope you are having a healthful, healing day.

Date: April 29, 2009 03:08AM

Day 11:
The 'energy ascent' is beginning to be felt-- my physical being is feeling the influx of energy more than the release of toxins. It's a great feeling. I think I've passed through the 'restless and irritated' stages now (thankfully!!), as I am feeling really calm and able to center my mind on my breathing throughout the day as I go about my tasks.
Today I had orange juice three times, and carrot/apple/lemon juice once.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: May 01, 2009 12:37AM

Kwan.....I miss you (and my Juice Diet). What are you doing
these days? As for me, I'm back on 'only juice'....WY

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 01, 2009 01:04AM

welcome back Yogi grinning smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: May 01, 2009 08:41PM

Hi WY!
The weather went from 95 to 45 in about 12 hours one day, and at that point I had a slip. But never mind... I've decided to focus on my successful 13 days of juice fasting rather than my 1 evening of eating, and I'm back on track. It's amazing what a difference one's perspective can make.

I've been having more carrot/apple juice, and after tomorrow my fabulous stash of $3.99/5 lb. organic Valencia oranges will be gone, but I just bought 3 huge papayas to add to them to make the juice last longer. Also 2 cantaloupes.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: May 01, 2009 10:15PM

kwan Wrote:
> I've been having more carrot/apple juice, and
> after tomorrow my fabulous stash of $3.99/5 lb.
> organic Valencia oranges will be gone,
I wish I could find some Organic Citrus. I was drinking
Grapefruit Juice that wasn't organic, but no more. I've raised-the-
bar to only include organic juice in my diet. I'm somewhat limited
to Carrots, Celery, and Mixed Greens, but have an eye out for anything
else.
It feels GREAT to be back on the Juice Fast with you.
Is there anyone else out there who is with us?
By the way Kwan, I saw some Kombucha at a nearby Natural Food store
the other day, but 'passed'....WY

[blogs.nashvillescene.com]

Posted by: deenis ()
Date: May 02, 2009 01:42AM

I just wanted to chime in on your running dialog/postings. Just wanted to say thank you. I am new to juicing and am learning just by reading of your juicing adventures. I have a Breville Elite and a Norwalk and am so excited about juicing and its tremendous health benefits. Thanks for the good read...deenis

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2009 01:48AM by deenis.

Date: May 02, 2009 04:05AM

Hi Deenis!
Welcome, and I'm gratified to know that my ramblings are helpful in some small way to someone other than me. ;-)

The most wonderful thing happens as you go deeper and deeper into a juice fast (after a week or two) --- and right now I'm on day 14 --- despite little setbacks along the way, moments or whole days when you feel irritated or toxic, or you temporarily look more bloated or even paler and more 'off' than usual, and you start thinking, "Why am I doing this, again? Is it working?"... But then suddenly at some point when you least expect it, you start to become who you really are. Yesterday you were not sure anything was happening, but today you are 'in tune with the Infinite' and your tightest jeans are getting loose on you, to boot! Your loved ones might begin to notice you're nagging them less and hugging them more. You might start feeling like getting your life organized, and it's fun instead of a begrudging imperative.

On a purely superficial note, I had not so long ago started to make excuses why maybe I should start wearing skirts and dark, slimming colors, and instead today I just went out and bought 2 new pairs of jeans. I'm still wearing a little makeup, but I've gone much more natural and it feels nice. (No more purple lipstick and eyeshadow, at least not right now.) I'm a work in progress, and my physique is by no means perfect, but I could care less. I'm excited because I feel the best is yet to come and the mystery is still unfolding as to how exactly it will physically transform and manifest in the near future, but I feel that I will yet experience the very best health, vitality and well-being I've ever had. I'm even ready to have the most attractive and fit body I've ever had--- why not? :-)

On a more metaphysical note, I'm finding in myself an intense renewed interest in consciousness, meditation, metaphysical prayer and spiritual healing-- finding the commonalities, extracting the essential truths and leaving behind what is unnecessary, and moving deeper on my spiritual journey.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: May 02, 2009 04:12PM

One more thought about juice fasting, why I love it so much. (Same with water fasting, but it's a quite a bit harder for me to sustain, so I don't do it very often.): It's about being able to let go of limitations, on all levels -- physically, mentally, and spiritually. Things that were hidden start to become visible, doors that were closed swing open, and there is a tangible feeling of greater freedom and expansiveness.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: May 03, 2009 02:32PM

hi kwan, I am doing a mini juice fast this weekend, Yesterday I had mostly juice with a little bite of lettuce or jicama but the rest was all juice. I even juiced some stinging nettles and boy I couldnt sleap last night. I am going to juicetoday as well. I am not sure about the rest of the week but so far I am feeling o.k. a lot more energy and a clearer head.

Date: May 03, 2009 10:39PM

Hi pampam!
Sounds great. Now's a really good time to juice.

>I even juiced some stinging nettles and boy I couldnt sleap last night.<

Really? Maybe you're onto something. I wonder what would happen if we juiced stinging nettles in the morning for our a.m. wakeup.

I'm on day 16. Since shortly before my juice fast (when I first started weighing myself) I've lost 12 pounds. Also I've lost 4.5 inches from my waist!

Today I spent 5 hours at a gig where everybody else was drinking and eating, so I took 2 kombucha drinks along and got ever so slightly high on them. I wasn't hungry at all, and I had a lot of fun. Other than that, I had pineapple/celery juice this morning.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 04, 2009 04:37PM

i find nettles quite stimulating smiling smiley well these early spring ones anyways smiling smiley i used to air dry literally hundreds of pounds of nettles to feed to may goats once upon a time smiling smiley some old time farming book read that they were a great food additive to put spring into any goats step (like goats need more spring lol) but they did enjoy them smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: May 05, 2009 10:22PM

Day 18--
(I'm not a purist; despite my slip-up a few evenings back, I'm going to follow the Arnold Ehret 'rational fasting' model-- he believed in breaking for a piece of fruit if you were detoxifying too rapidly on a fast-- rather than get technical about it, and just keep on keepiing on.)

So.... today so far I've had orange/papaya/strawberry juice. I think in awhile I'll probably have some pineapple/celery.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2009 10:22PM by kwan.

Date: May 05, 2009 11:14PM

kwan Wrote:
> Day 18--
> ....I'm going to follow the Arnold
> Ehret 'rational fasting' model-- he believed in
> breaking for a piece of fruit if you were
> detoxifying too rapidly on a fast
You're doing so well. I'll be joining you again
after Mother's Day....WY

Date: May 06, 2009 12:19AM

Just re-read what I wrote up there (re. Arnold Ehret rational fasting concept) and realized it probably sounded like I was saying I'm going to just much away on fruit from time to time. Actually, what I meant was I didn't want to start re-calibrating my fasting days from the point at which I had my slip-up the other day; if I did, I'd probably be at day 3 or 4 again. I might have a little fruit or even salad 2 or 3 weeks from now, or not, if needed, but I'm shooting for 100% juice all the way.

WY--

Have a great time! I look forward to talking to you again after Sunday. However you spend your day, enjoy!

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: marsh ()
Date: May 06, 2009 03:26AM

wow- so inspiring to read this thread! i would just love to join you on your juicefeast. i love tha space of clarity and calmness and the increased spirtual awareness. i just finished a 12 day master cleanse about 3 weeks ago or so, so it's probably too soon to do this. i don't know. i've been 95-100% raw since the mc and feel great. hmmm...you juicefeast does sound compelling though..

Posted by: marsh ()
Date: May 06, 2009 04:29AM

too late to edit my post.... i had a little 9 year old monkey on my back while writing and couldn't concentrate. i meant to say juice fasting, not feasting.... although i've never fasted the "juicefeastng" style- sounds interesting. thanks for posting the link, kwan, i'll have to check it out.

Posted by: cocoa_nibs ()
Date: May 08, 2009 08:14AM

Hi all, really enjoying the reads. I am on day 34 today. I had waaaaay too much juice today, boy, must have been close to two gallons. All great juices, though, super high quality. A lot of orange/carrot, though, which really gives me a sugar crash.

I was travelling over the course of four days, whcih was really hard. I had my hand crank juicer with me but the nature of the travel allowed no time for juicing. I did mostly jamba juice (fresh orange and carrot juices) and I also did some green powders during that time, which really helped (although its not the real thing!). On a few occasions I had to resort to flash pasteurized, which of course aint ideal, but I had to perform, so needed energy. I coudl really tell the pasteurized business... felt unbalancing. When i got back all I wanted was cellery juice!

I think I am going to do 12 more days, then transition over another 45 day period with smoothies and just eating what I have been juicing. If I can do a water fast day in there somewhere, I'd be thrilled! Maybe a travel day would lend itself to that.

THanks again for all your writing, guys. Marsh, I have enjoyed doing some mc concoctions during my feast, but always without sweetener. The cayenne is really helpful, though - warming!!

Oh, question: you juice fasters - how much juice do you drink in a day? Does the amount of juice make it a feast? Or the inclusion of all the powders? Well, i drink a gallon of juice everyday (at least), but no powders, so not sure what it is I am doing, LOL

Date: May 08, 2009 02:58PM

cocoanibs--

>Oh, question: you juice fasters - how much juice do you drink in a day? Does the amount of juice make it a feast? Or the inclusion of all the powders? Well, i drink a gallon of juice everyday (at least), but no powders, so not sure what it is I am doing, LOL<

:-) Cool. That sounds good to me (gal. a day). With me, it depends. On a day when I'm not busy, I might only have a quart-and-a-half or 2. On a busy day I can easily drink a gallon. If I'm going to be really active, I try to drink more juice.

I really like the green barley juice powder too-- it's not fresh green juice, but it definitely helps a lot when added to my fruit or carrot juice.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: May 10, 2009 03:26AM

Day 22--
Today I had...

orange/strawberry juice -- about 25 oz.
homemade almond milk -- 16 oz.
honey lemonade -- 32 oz.

Note to self: tomorrow I will make carrot juice. I will I will I will! ;-) I just haven't been in the mood for it lately. There's a huge bag of lonely organic carrots calling to me from the refrigerator, but I've been studiously ignoring their siren call for some reason. (I'm being like a little kid who refuses to eat her vegetables.) I feel great, even though my juice choices probably haven't been in the realm of super-nutrition lately. My main focus has been to cleanse and stay with liquids.Still craving orange juice, and I've got 3 beautiful grapefruit to juice for breakfast tomorrow.

Tomorrow is going to be a long day-- I've got a gig in the afternoon and a party in the evening where I'll be playing music. I need to make sure I drink a lot of juice tomorrow and take some with me to the party, or I'll be in trouble, both energy-wise and in terms of ravenous hunger. I discovered a couple weeks ago when I made carrot/ginger juice and took a bottle to the pub with me to sneak between music sets that homemade juice generally tends to taste absolutely horrendous after an hour or two of sitting in the bottle, so I guess I'll have to improvise and either buy a bottle of honey lemonade or maybe make some limeade with agave nectar to take with me. Or maybe I'll take a couple of kombucha drinks with me and get a nice little buzz from them. My methods are unorthodox, but they work, and Monday I'll be back to juicing again.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables