Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Willpower
Posted by: MsCharms ()
Date: December 18, 2013 05:02AM

Hi, I first want introduce myself I am a mother of four, and been struggling with my weight since I was a teen. I will like to do 120 day juice challenge. I always start but do not not finish. First off, I am in the kitchen all day because I have a 7 month old, two year old, three year old and a seven year old, I know busy right. I just need the support of any, who have done a juice feast. What kills me is that I can see my self in better health, smaller, and more confident in myself. My problem is just getting there. Confronting my will power will be the first start, and thats what holding me back from meeting one of biggest goals. So I'm just asking for some advise on will power and motivation. Thanks in advance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Willpower
Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: December 18, 2013 06:04AM

Hi MsCharms,

First of all, start a Journal. There seems to be some sacred about writing things down. In this way, you can also keep track of all of the GREAT things that happen to you and believe me - YOU ARE IN FOR A TREAT!!!

Secondly, keep a separate list of all of these UNBELIEVABLE TRANSFORMATIONS, so whenever you have a weak moment, you can pull out your list to keep you Motivated!

Thirdly, you’ll also want to make a list of Pain Inducing Questions to keep you focused. Our brains think by asking Questions, so whenever you start thinking about some of your old favorite foods, you can pull out your list and get back on track.

Fourthly, if you really want to stay MOTIVATED, capture and document everything that comes out of your 30 foot food tube. Very few of my students are willing to do this, but if you really want to stay MOTIVATED, there’s nothing like taking a good look at what’s coming out of you realizing that there’s more of this nasty stuff inside of us. It’s also not a bad idea to take pictures of this putrid waste matter because everyone knows a picture is worth a 1000 words. I know this sounds disgusting, but that’s my point!!! I documented 45 pounds of putrid waste matter that came out of me and lost 20 pounds on the scale when I did my 7th Juice Feast back in 1994 and I only had 9 pounds of Fat on me at 5.8% Body Fat. This is what kept me Motivated. Every night I felt like a little kid at bedtime on Christmas Eve and couldn’t wait to wake up in the morning, but it wasn’t to open up presents - it was to see what kind of nasty stuff was going to come out of me!!!

Remember, ATTITUDE is everything!!!

“Whether you think you can or not, you are right.” -Henry Ford

“Any idea that is held in the mind that is either feared or revered will begin at once to clothe itself in the most convenient and appropriate physical forms available.” -Andrew Carnegie

On a final note, it’s best to take this one day at a time and don’t go into it with a predetermined number of days. I’ve had lots of students do a 120 Juice Feast, but we always took it one day at a time.

By the way, I’m on Day 8 of my 138th Juice Feast for a total of 1019 days in the last 21 years and I know from both personal and professional experience that YOU ARE IN FOR A TREAT!!!

Please keep us all posted and remember, cravings are going to come and go, but they usually only last for 5 or 10 minutes, so be strong and have a game plan when they happen.

Peace and Love..........John

Date: December 19, 2013 10:23PM

Oh my god, this really do help me in a lot in many ways Motivation,Determine,and Dedicated. I really do thank you for the advice and I will follow to the best of me.

Date: December 25, 2013 09:29AM

Okay I see what you saying, thank you nice ideal

Posted by: Raw_Health_Nut ()
Date: April 10, 2014 08:20PM

Write down your goals and look at them 1st thing in the morning. Everyday track your progress with checks and x's. After you get a nice streak of checks you will not want to break the chain. Seinfeld used this method.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables