Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Montell Williams MyHealthMaster blender
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 23, 2009 09:59PM

The Container wore out in four months and they dont sell repair parts or
replacement containers. What happened with me is I use it every day
and the bearings on the blades froze up and wont turn. NO way to buy
another container or fix the problem. WORKS fantastic for four months
then throw it away. IF you get a commercial or powerful expensive blender
make sure you can repair it or get replacements. AVOID MY HEALTHMASTER
unless you only use it once a week or month.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Montell Williams MyHealthMaster blender
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: May 24, 2009 03:51AM

I don't know why people are always buying Cheap Blenders.
I'd go with Waring, Blendtec, or Vita-Mix. I like Vita-Mix Best
because of it's Simplicity, in addition to the Power and Quality.
I'd rate the Blendtec next, then the Waring....WY

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 24, 2009 05:08PM

probably because alot of people dont have alot of disposable income at their .. disposal smiling smiley

honestly if you you jump into a jalopy and start heading for paradise , or jump into a high end sportser and start heading for paradise ... in both cases the goal is the same the road is the same .. sure the jalopy might take longer , but the important thing is to get to paradise smiling smiley (and to help others in their journey lest they break down wether their in the jalopy or the sportster =D !)

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2009 05:22PM by Jgunn.

Date: May 24, 2009 06:21PM

Jgunn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> .....if you you jump into a jalopy and start
> heading for paradise , or jump into a high end
> sportser and start heading for paradise ... in
> both cases the goal is the same the road is the
> same ..
No Jodi....It's not the same. Whatever you do,
do it with Style, Class, and Flair.
Rule No. 1...Never buy inferior products. It degrades you....WY

"To travel well is better than to arrive"....Lord Buddha

Date: May 24, 2009 06:27PM

i really dont entirely believe that yogi , for example, when my vitamix broke down i bought a cheap blender because that was all i could afford at the moment untill i could get the $ together to replace the vitamix. I suppose i could have just stopped making smoothies but than my journey in my experience would have come to a halt. for me the importance of continuing no matter what is more important than style, class and flair smiling smiley

"Without a vehicle you can neither travel well NOR arrive" - Lordess Jgunn tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: Mona ()
Date: May 25, 2009 02:31PM

Jodi, your vitamix broke down? How old was it? I would love to buy a vitamix but don't have the funds to do so. I like Oster, but since I'm traveling I've used whatever blender is in the house. I really like the one I'm using now, a Hamilton Beach. Hope I don't kill it with all my blending, lol. My hosts blend regularly, too.

Thanks for the thread.

Love,
Mona

Moments of perception can build into a lifetime of serenity.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: May 25, 2009 02:36PM

WY and Jodi,

Bless you--your philosophical sparring was enlightening!

everyone else,

I am quite happy with my Vita-Mix(tip of the cap to ya, WY, guv'ner), but was intrigued by this new HealthMaster blender. I know that Montel Williams is flogging it because he has gone public on his own show and on Oprah about daily juicing being a means to keep his MS under control. Why would he attach himself to a product of such flimsy quality and with a truncated warranty, if the use is not intended to be daily/therapeutic? Is it just me, or is this shameful?

Date: May 25, 2009 04:27PM

haha ! Tam tongue sticking out smiley well Yogi and I dont always agree but i have the utmost respect for his opinion smiling smiley i think both appreciate our differences and similarities on so many levels smiling smiley

Yes me poor old Vitamix , well i dont really know how old it was , it was old when it was given to me by a dear friend who is now passed away but if i had to guess , i had it almost 20 years and im pretty sure he had it for quite awhile before that smiling smiley

it was replaced by a cheap store brand model for a short time

and that was replaced with *drum rollllllllllll*

a brand spanky new Vitamix 5200 smiling smiley (tips cap to WY as well !)

and im happy to report mother and blender are doing very well and looking forward to many years together =D

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: June 02, 2009 12:00AM

Unfortunately, it seems that many "celebrities" or well know people attach their name to an inferior "infomercial" product;

The Esteban guitar
The Juiceman juicers
Jack Lalanne power juicer

I don't understand why the do it; Once the thing wears out, good luck locating any replacement parts. A friend of mine ordered the Jack Lalanne "power" juicer, & that thing wouldn't even run a carrot through without bogging down.

Maybe he got a bad one, I don't know. It is a shame, 'cause I do respect Jay Kordich, Jack Lalanne, and others for their knowledge/teachings. It might not be that bad if they were affordably priced, at least that would get folks

interested in juicing & maybe after they got bitten by the juicing bug, they would perhaps move on to a higher quality piece of equipment. Now Dr. Norman Walker never put out a cheap piece of equipment! >> Norwalk <<

Posted by: Manolie ()
Date: July 03, 2009 05:15AM

To my knowledge the "Healthmaster" is made in China, one of their phone reps said a replacement jar is "$29.95"; they advertise a "100 year warranty on the motor"--a spin off of the Jack Lalanne TV blender (for which calling the same number offers "a refurbished one" of those for $25---plus the undefined "shipping and handling"winking smiley. They offer a 3 year extended warranty for $15 and a 6 year extended warranty for $30 and the phone responder said "the motor warranty refers to the whole motor base." This leads to the inevitable question as to whether the "extended warranties" refer only to their jars!? 60 days refundable, repairs free---but you pay the shipping & handling in the first 90 days. And (most important of all) what good is a 100 year warranty, if the company doesn't stay in business for '100 years' Not many with a Chinese-made product seem to last that long. None that I can recall. The responder on their end of the phone line didn't know what amperage the motor has, and that determines the power as against any blender of the same wattage. Coupled with those complaints (above) of jar failures, leads me to add my urging from that (old Chinese saying) "Expensive isn't expensive. Cheap isn't cheap." Do your homework and listen to real, frequent blender users then put your hard saved dollars where your own mouth is going to be. Manolie

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: July 04, 2009 11:58AM

WY says:

<<No Jodi....It's not the same. Whatever you do,
do it with Style, Class, and Flair.
Rule No. 1...Never buy inferior products. It degrades you....WY>>

I agree with WY
i agree so much with what he says, in fact
that i am willing to implement it in every aspect and every stage of MY life on HIS dime LOLsmiling smiley

yeah!! are you game WY?

Here is my "gift list" that I want in order to go with style class and flair:

(obstreperous list hidden)

I certainly don't wish to be degraded. I am the queen of this world and style is everything!

Date: July 04, 2009 12:46PM

la_veronique Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WY says:
> <>
> I agree with WY
> i agree so much with what he says, in fact
> that i am willing to implement it in every aspect
> and every stage of MY life on HIS dime LOLsmiling smiley
>
> yeah!! are you game WY?
Yes, I'm game. Publish your list here for all to see,
and PM me your mailing address, and I'll see what I can do. I
can't have you living with inferior products (like a Montell
Williams Blender)....WY

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables