Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Anyone who doesn't really like green smoothies but loves green juice?
Posted by: Iris ()
Date: December 11, 2014 02:38AM

Hi! As my header above states, Is anyone here not very fond of green smoothies but loves green juice? I have tried and was inspired by Victoria Boutenko's youtube videos a while ago, to make green smoothies and I bought a vitamix. I made them for a while but was never too fond of them. And sometimes they're very hard for me to chug down but have been anyways because my boyfriend makes them. But I have a juicer and I love green juices and the way they make me feel. I was thinking maybe it's because my body needs more concentrated greens rather than blended up whole? Just trying to find theories or maybe I don't like the texture. Anyways wonder if anybody is like me. Maybe there's some of you out there.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone who doesn't really like green smoothies but loves green juice?
Posted by: Kiwibird ()
Date: January 07, 2015 03:08AM

I'm very much the same way. I cannot handle the texture of green smoothies (I have lots of issues with food textures, always have). I also have a cheap juicer that doesn't do a good job with leaves, so I blend them then strain the juice out. That makes a thicker juice, but not unhandlable. Before I went raw, I'd often take the juice pulp, mix with flax and oats, then make burgers. I just got a dehydrator and in keeping with a raw diet, I will be experimenting with omitting oats and dehydrating the pulp burgers and/or making pulp crackers as not to waste the fiber/nutrients in the pulp even though I don't care to drink it. It may be worth looking into other things to do with the pulp, because it is healthy and filling.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables