Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Wheatgrass fungus?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 28, 2006 01:22AM

Just wanted to post to see if anybody can tell me why I am getting a purple fungus in the bottom of my wheatgrass trays. I am new to growing and juicing and feel that I may be watering the trays too much but I'm not sure really. The soil I'm using is a standard organic compost mix and I am not adding any peet moss. Also could the juice from these trays cause me harm at all?

regards
nzyme

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wheatgrass fungus?
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: July 28, 2006 07:30AM

I used to have fungus years ago before I started using a ceiling fan. But it was always a white fungus and on top, not purple on the bottom like yours. I'd try different things with the watering and ventilation if I were you. Your fungus shouldn't be harmful unless you juice some of it in with the regular grass juice. I always wash my wheatgrass very well with RO water before juicing. Perhaps washing your grass before juicing it would serve as an extra precautionary measure.
Just as a side note, I like to drink 2 to 3 ounces, sometimes more, of wheatgrass juice first thing in the mornings on an empty stomach. It just seems to start the day off right.........WY

Date: July 28, 2006 04:22PM

What are the long term benefits of using wheatgrass juice?

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: July 29, 2006 12:03AM

Long term benefits of using Wheatgrass Juice? It all depends on what else you're eating. There are just too many variables to speculate long term. I just know that it makes me feel better, both mentally and physically, when I drink wheatgrass juice. I've even debated (with myself) whether to make it the main part of my diet, to really 'Test' it's power........WY

Date: July 29, 2006 10:55AM

When I started with raw food I was drinking wheatgrass every day and I was feeling great and thought I needed it. But I bought a high speed blender and started using green smoothies, I feel even better without wheatgrass, So now I only use few times a week, not daily.

Date: July 31, 2006 01:04AM

Thankyou yogi. I'll play around a bit with it. My trays are always outside on shelving under a roof of course but it's weird cause not every tray gets the fungus. Anyhow thanks for posting.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables