Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Anyone use a champoin juicer?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 08, 2009 11:56PM

I just bought a Champain juicer on ebay a few days ago. It is on the way but not here yet. I have been reading this site and have not seen the Champion discussed. I hope I did not make a mistake. I go a used model for 119.00 including shipping.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone use a champoin juicer?
Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: June 09, 2009 01:30AM

Hi pfviniard,

I used to have a Champion years ago, it served me very well. They are built like a tank, impossible to destroy! I also purchased most of the attachments, grain mill, etc. It is very easy to use & cleanup is a snap.

Now for the bad...? Well, it does spin at 1450 rpm, pretty fast, which many feel is a bit tough on the enzymes. It is a masticating juicer, which you may know - "processes and reprocesses the fruit/vegetables by chewing and breaking the cell walls of the juiced items." (It is called masticating when a goat or cow chews their cud) This masticating process puts more fiber, enzymes, vitamins, and trace minerals into the juice.

While it may not be quite on par with the Norwalk, Greenstar or Samson, it is still a very capable unit & it will serve you well. It is also capable of making nut butters, sorbet, ice cream, etc.

Have fun with it!

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: June 09, 2009 06:28PM

The Champion is a pretty good juicer, and was very
popular many years ago. The consensus now is there are many juicers
that are better. The Champion won't juice Greens, but does Celery
and Carrots okay. The Champion was my first juicer, and I used it
for many years before starting to experiment with centrifugal,
screw-auger, and twin-gear types.....WY

Date: June 09, 2009 07:55PM

I have used a Champion juicer for 15 years and I love it. It may not be the most technologically advanced juicer on the market but the price, durability and easy clean up work for me. I recently purchase a Super Angel - Model 3500 - Stainless Steel Twin Gear Juice Extractor with the intention of juicing greens and fruits and veggies but I am disappointed. It does a good job of juicing greens but it does a terrible job of juicing juicy fruits and the screen gets clogged and it’s a nightmare to clean. So I definitely wouldn’t recommend that juicer unless you want to strictly juice greens only. That being said, I purchased a book called Green For Life and now I put my greens in my smoothies I make in my Vitamix every morning. I wish I would have purchased that book before I bought the twin gear juicer - I LOVE my green smoothies and have no desire to make green juice now. That being said, if I could only afford one appliance I would give up my juicer, dehydrator, food processor etc. and KEEP MY VITAMIX. I have used my Vitamix for just over 10 years and it is the best! YAY VITAMIX!!!! (No I don’t sell them.)

HAPPY JUICING WITH YOUR CHAMPION! You won’t be disappointed.

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: June 09, 2009 08:24PM

ALICE IN RAW FOOD LAND Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I recently purchase a Super Angel - Model 3500 -
> Stainless Steel Twin Gear Juice Extractor with the
> intention of juicing greens and fruits and veggies
> but I am disappointed. It does a good job of
> juicing greens but it does a terrible job of
> juicing juicy fruits and the screen gets clogged
> and it’s a nightmare to clean.
I was still considering buying a Super Angel 3500,
but this convinced me not to. Thanks....WY

Date: June 09, 2009 11:50PM

Thanks for your answers. My chapain arrived today and I made carrot, celery and pineapple. Very good. I just started reading the 12 steps to raw food. She recommends using a vitamix for green smoothies. I will try one tomorrow. I am new to raw foods and still having a bit of time knowing what to eat. I have still "cheated " with cooked foods. After drinking my juice I did feel satisfied and had an bit of guacamole and some flax crackers I make last week. yummy!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables