Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

my juicer keeps getting stuck
Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: June 27, 2009 02:33PM

hi there

I have a Matstone Juicer and I find every few weeks it gets stuck - the bit that fastens the mechanism onto the side won't turn around easily - makes it hard to take apart to clean. Does anyone else have this problem? I always make sure I keep it clean, but often I have to unscrew it, take it apart and give it a good clean on the inside, then I oil it with some vegetable oil, I find that helps a bit, but it's still a pain. Anyone have any tips?

Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: my juicer keeps getting stuck
Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: June 28, 2009 01:44AM

I have the Samson, which I believe is the same juicer, & I don't have this problem at all. Does the retaining mechanism rotate freely when the juicer is disassembled?

Mine does, as well as all of the parts do. If not, I am wondering if something isn't defective/stressed/bent, maybe from new. How old is it? Also, I do not need to put any type of lubricating oil on mine.

Date: June 28, 2009 03:11AM

thanks juicerkatz

yes, it's the same juicer that's in your picture.

the retaining mechanism is about as stiff (as in, really stiff) whether the parts are assembled or not. I've had it maybe 2 years now, I think it took a while to get like that, can't remember. Probably you're right, like maybe the mechansism never quite fitted properly from the start. Sucks!

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: June 28, 2009 04:34AM

lisa m Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Probably you're right, like maybe the mechansism
> never quite fitted properly from the start.
I had a Samson 6 in 1 and never had any problems. If
I were you, I'd let someone look at it who was more mechanically
inclined. The Samson is a nice all-purpose juicer. It's fine-mesh
screen has much more area than the Omega 8003....WY

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: June 28, 2009 12:27PM

If you are mechanically inclined, you could check to see if the four Phillips head screws on the retaining ring are tight. It could be that they are loosened a bit & causing a binding situation.

Or, you could remove the ring & give that area a good cleaning & see if that helps. It really shouldn't be that hard of a fix after you determine where the binding problem is, as it is a fairly simple retaining mechanism set-up.

Date: June 28, 2009 01:49PM

thanks for the help guys. yes, I've been unscrewing those 4 screws, taking the ring off and giving it all a good scrub. Seems that it was just made a little faulty, so it doesn't quite fit properly. My boyfriend sanded a bit of the inner ring down once which seemed to loosen it a bit, think I'll get him to do that again. Shame I never realised when it was new enough to send it back for a replacement.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables