Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Best juicer in the $100-$150 range?
Posted by: sixxmum ()
Date: August 19, 2009 01:42AM

I know a Greenstar etc. would be best, but I honestly cannot spend that right now (big family to feed/clothe/house). I might be able to get a Greenstar if I wait until around the new year, but I would rather not...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Best juicer in the $100-$150 range?
Posted by: eecho ()
Date: August 19, 2009 06:16PM

Find a Champion on Craigslist! I live in Philadelphia and they pop up all the time for the $60 range. Although if you don't see one in your area, you could check nearby cities, the savings might be worth the drive.

Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: August 21, 2009 03:53PM

The slow-poke Samson 6-in-1 is probably a good one if you don't mind the SLOW-ness of the machine. It is the BEST of the juicers becuase it is an "auger" style. You can buy a Jack LaLanne at Wal Mart or Target for $99.99 or less, but it is a centrifugal juicer, which wastes alot of liquid in the pulp and causes more damage to the cells unless you ingest it immediately. Those would be my 2 votes for juicers in that price range. I like my Samson ok, but just don't have the time for it's SLOW gear, which is why I am upgrading to the Greenstar. But for the money, it's a great juicer.

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: August 22, 2009 12:04AM

plainlydressed,

You are correct - slow! However, it is tolerable and does go faster if you have a helper. Carrots are probably the worst with this one. But, If I had only $200 to spend, I would pick this one over any other, I believe. The juice lost in the pulp of juicer like the Champion, combined with the high speed of that model is the trade-off for the faster juicing time.

I had two Champions over the years, and they are workhorses for sure, but 15oo rpm seems like too fast for "healthy" juice, plus the fact that the pulp comes out considerably wetter than the Samson or Omega.

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: August 22, 2009 12:17AM

eecho Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Find a Champion on Craigslist!
The Champion Juicer has remained virtually unchanged
for the last 50 years. I've owned two. It'll do Carrot Juice
pretty well. I have a friend who uses her's for Watermelon Rind.
It won't juice Greens at all. You can do much better....WY

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables