Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Hurom Slow Juicer - JUICIN JOHN !!!!! =)
Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: October 11, 2009 03:55PM

Ok, just saw this juicer on my daily newsletter from Matt Monarch. Never heard of it until now. Watched the video on the website and was blown away. Watch the video demo and tell me if this is way too good to be true???

[www.slowjuicer.com]

Juicin' John, have you seen or heard of this contraption? It's looks and sounds absolutely amazing and like the answer to all juicing needs in EVERY WAY !!! Looking for any input on this awesome looking product !!

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Re: Hurom Slow Juicer - JUICIN JOHN !!!!! =)
Date: October 11, 2009 04:05PM

This is the video of Matt & Angela Monarch using the juicer. I'm almost totally sold on this thing in just 30 minutes of videos and research !!! But I respect your opinions, especially from the expert - Juicin' John, so I'm looking for your thoughts on this thing. Watch this video:

[www.youtube.com]

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Date: October 11, 2009 04:41PM

Ok, here is John from discountjuicers.com doing 2 demonstrations of this juicer with his opinion of the results. Quite impressive:

Part 1 - [www.youtube.com]

Part 2 - [www.youtube.com]

—Thomas Jefferson

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: October 11, 2009 09:00PM

Date: October 12, 2009 02:43AM

Thank you Juicerkatz. That was helpful, but after awhile it seems like splitting hairs and gets tediously exhausting. Although, I must admit that all the hair-splitting is what helped me to finally decide to purchase my Green Star, which I love. But I still saw that all the vids I've seen on the Hurom are EXTREMELY convincing!! *sigh*

—Thomas Jefferson

Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: October 13, 2009 03:03PM

hi plainly dressed

i still think that we both have the best juicing machine available.... evan though the huron slow juicer seems to an impressive machine from the video.

to really see the differences we would need to compare them side by side.

i can see that the pulp is going to be wetter overall with the hurom thus giving more juice per pound of produce with the twin gear system.

it certainly seems much better than the single augur types of machines.

juicin' john

Date: October 14, 2009 10:29PM

Hey John, thanks so much for the input. But now I'm nearly pushed over the edge to buying it after watching the video below:

[www.youtube.com]

The ONLY hiccup I can see so far is with juicing carrots, but I don't like alot of carrot juice anyway, or very little, and there looks like an easy solution to that difficulty. Other than that, it seems like a winner hands-down. I'm SOLD on the thing!! =)

—Thomas Jefferson

Date: October 15, 2009 12:50AM

plainlydressed Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey John, thanks so much for the input. But now
> I'm nearly pushed over the edge to buying it after
> watching the video below:
>
> [www.youtube.com]
>
> The ONLY hiccup I can see so far is with juicing
> carrots, but I don't like alot of carrot juice
> anyway, or very little, and there looks like an
> easy solution to that difficulty. Other than
> that, it seems like a winner hands-down. I'm SOLD
> on the thing!! =)

I do like the concept as well; it may be that he was pushing too hard on the carrots. Some juicing manuals suggest to soak the carrots in water for a few minutes prior to juicing.

What??? You don't like carrot juice? You don't know what you are missing! I recently made the following;

Carrot/Celery/Apple/Beet/Ginger.

It is a delicious drink - the bite of the ginger really adds something to the flavor - I suggest you try it! smiling smiley

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: October 15, 2009 12:57AM

It's nice to see two people in Love.
From the demonstration, I wouldn't want either Juicer. Matt had a
heck of a time pushing the produce through the GreenStar,
and Angela kept 'locking' up the Hurom with small single
carrots....an obvious sign that it's underpowered.....WY

Date: October 16, 2009 02:43PM

juicerkatz, Oh yes, I've done carrot juice for many many years, but I just got tired of it. I don't like the taste, even mixed in with other juices. The bulk of my juicing comes from apples, greens (kale is my fave), cucumbers, celery, and citrus. Our recent favorite at home is: Apples, Kale, Celery, Cucumbers, and a whole Lemon. Hubby loves it. Hubby hates carrots anyway, so it's not a problem for him to miss that juice. *LOL* =)

—Thomas Jefferson

Date: October 16, 2009 08:01PM

I'll have to try throwing a lemon in the mix with greens; I usually make lemon juice by itself, or apple/lemonade/mint, which is a great summer drink.

plainlydressed Wrote:
> juicerkatz, Oh yes, I've done carrot juice for
> many many years, but I just got tired of it. I
> don't like the taste, even mixed in with other
> juices. The bulk of my juicing comes from apples,
> greens (kale is my fave), cucumbers, celery, and
> citrus. Our recent favorite at home is: Apples,
> Kale, Celery, Cucumbers, and a whole Lemon. Hubby
> loves it. Hubby hates carrots anyway, so it's not
> a problem for him to miss that juice. *LOL* =)

Date: October 17, 2009 12:31AM

juicerkatz Wrote:
> I usually make lemon juice by itself, or
> apple/lemonade/mint, which is a great summer
> drink.

Ooooohhhhh, that sounds YUMMY !!!!! That would also be a great WINTER drink for the immune system... the best of the best - what a power-house for the defense system.

—Thomas Jefferson

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables