Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Need a new green juice recipe, help please!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 14, 2009 08:05PM

Ok, so I have been about 75% raw for about two and a half months now. I love making fruit/ vegetable smoothies. I have been using spinach, alot, for my green smoothies. I usually put one large orange, two handfuls of spinach and a handful of dark grapes in my green smoothie. I usually drink all of what blends in the Vitamix around the noon hour. But, I think that I might be getting burned out on spinach. I tried kale and did not care for it. What are some other greens that blend well with fruit and what are your favorite combinations?
Thanks,
Deb

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Need a new green juice recipe, help please!
Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: October 14, 2009 10:25PM

Try Cilantro -

I absolutely love adding it to smoothies. To me, it gives a hint of a minty/fresh taste. I think it mixes well with just about everything. There are tons of green smoothie recipes on the web.

I also add a good deal of strawberries to my green drinks. Kiwi is nice. A few slices of pineapple. I have used grapes, but am not really a big fan of them for some reason. I just like to eat those raw.

Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: October 14, 2009 10:26PM

I'm probably a bad one to answer this question because I use primarily Kale in EVERYTHING from juices to green smoothies. It's my favorite. I've always loved Kale in any form anyway, so maybe that helps, and I've never detected the "strong" taste that I hear from alot of people. Anyway, I always disguise my green juices in with plenty of other produce juices, either fruits or veggies, so I never even taste the Kale. Maybe adding it with more different produce would help?

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 15, 2009 01:47AM

Thanks for your help, I will definitely try cilantro and maybe I will add more fruit and veggies and try the kale again. I just love the convenience of the green smoothies during the day, always being on the go and not having time to slow down, it makes it really convenient to throw everything in the blender, pour it in a cup and go. I love getting out of the mindset of "you have to sit down and have a meal" and being able to give my digestive system a much needed rest. Headed to the market tomorrow, I will look for cilantro and perhaps pick up some more kale as well, thanks a bunch! smiling smiley

Deb

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables