Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

John @ discountjuicers compares Omega VERT vs. Hurom - Interesting!
Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: October 16, 2009 04:17PM

aHA ! My questions now answered!! BOTH made by same company and are exactly the same machine. Only difference is that the Omega has a better warranty and apparently a better price, according to John at discountjuicers. Interesting comparison video. I'm definitely getting more sold on these vertical juicers due to their efficiency and speed and SAFE juicing method (less cell destruction and damage). Plus, the Omega seems to work just fine with baby carrots, which I prefer over large carrots anyway, if I juice carrots. They aren't my favorite to juice, but at least I know that option is availble. This comparison video is helpful (at least for me):

[www.youtube.com]

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: John @ discountjuicers compares Omega VERT vs. Hurom - Interesting!
Date: October 17, 2009 01:29AM

Ok, I'm sold !!! These 2 videos did it for me on the Omega VERT. Told Hubby this will be my next purchase. (He just shakes his head and chuckles at me. *LOL*)

[www.youtube.com]

Watch it do CHERRY PITS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[www.youtube.com]

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Posted by: loeve ()
Date: October 17, 2009 12:28PM

I'm facinated by these new verticle juicers by Omega and Hurom. I guess the auger crushes the produce against a basket assembly then a wiper/squeegee type gizmo presses more juice out thru a second screen? Nice concept. Will it hold up juicing things like cherry stones? The owners manual for the Omega model on dicountjuicers.com wouldn't download for me.. Hmm, anyone read it. Btw, cherry stones are like apple seeds as far as they contain a small amount of cyanide as part of a natural plant defense. The amount of cyanide is small (23 mg/litre of homemade juice) but my experience juicing about a litre of beachplums w/pits in my JL juicer and the resulting nausea brought home the possible effects of natural cyanides....bitter apricot pits was another one to especially watch out for. Thanks for the links.

Date: October 17, 2009 04:34PM

Hi loeve - The latest demo video I just watched with John from discountjuicers shows him juicing cherries (with pits) with no problem. I'll have to dig up the video for you. But I wondered about the same possible dangers with the seeds. I know SOME seeds are good for us, but I guess it's wise to research which ones are good and vice versa before happily juicing away and poisoning ourselves!! *LOL* Thanks for the warning.

—Thomas Jefferson

Date: October 17, 2009 08:19PM

I watched John's video where he juiced cherrys with the pips. It's in your opening post, thank-you. I see how the Verticle juicer can crush, press, squeegee then eject out cherrys with pits. Cool, just wonder what the owners manuals might advise regarding such use.

Date: October 21, 2009 08:59PM

Ah, here it is over on ultimate-weight-products.com, the instruction manual for the Omega Vert VRT330 juicer. Regarding hard seeds it says on page 7 --

"Remove any hard seeds. Violating the warning may cause serious
damage to the product especially the screw."

[www.ultimate-weight-products.com]

So I guess John was just demonstrating how rugged the juicer is, and not suggesting people actually juice whole cherries with the pits?

Date: October 21, 2009 09:13PM

Yes, I would agree. I'm sure John would not encourage that on a regular basis for ANY juicer. But it definitely convinced me of it's power, for only ONE auger!!

—Thomas Jefferson

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables