Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Comparison Test Results
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: October 26, 2009 02:29PM

If anyone is interested, I just completed a comparison test using three Omega Juicers....the VERT (vertical-auger) on the left, the 8003 (horizontal-auger) in the middle, and the 4000 (centrifugal ejection) on the right. I juiced 4-pounds of Baby Carrots with each juicer. The results are as follows.....
.......Time to Juice..Yield (with pulp)..Yield (w/o pulp)..Cleanup Time
VERT.....7.5 min..........4.9 cups...........3.7 cups.........15.0 min.
8003....13.5 min.........5.0 cups...........3.9 cups.........15.5 min.
4000.....8.0 min..........5.1 cups...........4.0 cups.........21.0 min.

The juice was strained with a medium-fine strainer to determine Yield (w/o pulp). I could have used my fine strainer, but felt the volume of juice was too much for it. Cleanup was done at a leisurely, Loving pace, rinsing everything used, drying each part, and reassembling each juicer.

Conclusions: The VERT was the easiest to use because it's self-feeding. The 8003 required a moderate effort to push the carrots through. The 4000 took very little effort, but the Pusher had to be used.
The 8003 was the easiest for me to clean, probably because I clean it so often...it was my first time for the VERT. The 4000 was difficult to clean in comparison.
Recommendations: If I could only have one juicer, it would either be the VERT or the 8003. The Jury is still Out.
If price is a factor, the VERT is $110 more expensive than the 8003.....WY

[img.photobucket.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Comparison Test Results
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: October 26, 2009 10:05PM

very cool thanks for putting it to the test smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: October 27, 2009 01:37PM

THANK YOU SO MUCH for taking the time to do this for us. I'm so anxious to get my VRT. It STILL hasn't arrived. *pout* =( I notice I have problems with my carpal tunnel pain when pushing the produce through my Green Star, so I'm looking forward to trying the self-feeding VRT. I think the differences in juice (w/ & w/o pulp) are well worth the time saving feature, at least for me personally. Plus, I know that the juice enzymes are not damaged or heated with the single auger.

I was worried when I saw your clean-up times listed because it only takes me 5 minutes or less to clean up my GS after juicing, but then I realized that I just rinse, clean, and pile in drain rack to dry for the next-day's use. *LOL* =)

Thanks again and I'll keep you posted when mine arrives and I finally get a chance to use it. =)

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Posted by: Lizard ()
Date: November 02, 2009 08:40PM

Yes, thank you so much for doing this experimentsmiling smiley Very awesome of you.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 22, 2009 03:22PM

Good Morning Wheatgrass Yogi,

Maybe you can shed some light on this for me. If the whole point behind the juicers is to release the nutrients (chlorophyll, eznymes, etc..) from the grass, why wouldn't you use a Blendtec 20amp and liquify and rupture all the cell walls of the wheatgrass? Would that yield all nutrients? Couldn't I strain the cellulose and drink all remaining nutirent rich liquid?

Thank you,
Eric

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables