Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Living Well HealthMaster Blender - Montel Williams ???
Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: November 05, 2009 07:51PM

I'm home today resting up from my recent illness and just saw an infomercial by Montel for this product. Much cheaper than VitaMix or BlendTec, but looks just as good. Might be a good option for those on a budget?

I didn't realize Montel was so into raw foods and green smoothies!! Yay!!!

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Living Well HealthMaster Blender - Montel Williams ???
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: November 05, 2009 07:59PM

i think there was a discussion on this awhile back .. i dont think the overall view was very good smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: November 05, 2009 11:06PM

Oops. I'm sorry for the double post. Was sending it from my blackberry in my sick-bed. =(

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Date: November 05, 2009 11:11PM

Jgunn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i think there was a discussion on this awhile back
> .. i dont think the overall view was very good smiling smiley

ah.... Found the thread. Thanks so much. I figured it was too good to be true, HOWEVER, it was nice to see RAW FOOD and Green Smoothies being pushed on mainstream TV by a celebrity. Another positive step in raw food exposure. =)

(Ouch! Here comes the back-lash for actually saying something POSITIVE about something that is fake and cheesy. Hey, I can't help it if I like to look at the glass a HALF FULL !! heheh) =)

—Thomas Jefferson

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: November 05, 2009 11:15PM

Yeah, Montel jumped on this lifestyle after he was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis years ago. Props to him for doing that, but as Jodie mentioned, most "serious" raw foodists/juicers/blendists (is that a word?) don't feel that machine is of very good quality.

For similar money one could purchase a Waring blender which is larger, more powerful, will most likely be in business long after Montel's manufacture will go out, meaning parts should be available for years to come.

I feel that most would probably put the Healthmaster blender in the same category as the Juiceman juicers...

Might be okay for occasional use, but daily heavy duty use would probably burn out that thing...just read many of the reviews that come up in a google search...seems like they have motor burnout problems...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables