Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Where is best place / best prices to buy Vita-Mix ?
Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: November 11, 2009 08:33PM

Getting ready for my next big purchase as soon as I can sell my Green Star juicer, so I'm looking for the best places to go shopping. Thanks. =)

I read a thread somewhere about a place to get refurbished ones, but I can't find that thread again.

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2009 08:37PM by plainlydressed.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Where is best place / best prices to buy Vita-Mix ?
Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: November 11, 2009 09:39PM

Awhile back I came across this site when checking out appliances. Don't know if they have refurbs. or not. I have been leaning towards the Waring models, I am still on the fence though...

[www.theblenderplace.com]

A couple more links -

[www.blenderjuicerdepot.com]

[www.jlhufford.com]

[www.everythingkitchens.com]

Also, check out t\your Sam's club/BJ's in your area or online. Around the holidays they sometimes have good deals on these items.

Date: November 12, 2009 02:19AM

Thanks for the tips. Will start hunting. =)

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Date: November 12, 2009 03:46AM

Anyone around in the next 5 minutes to tell me if this looks like a good deal? Shucks. Wish I had asked sooner !!

[:RTQ:US:1123" rel="nofollow" >cgi.ebay.com]

—Thomas Jefferson

Date: November 12, 2009 12:42PM

Nevermind. I didn't get the auction and found out that model is actually 9 years old. I'm sure that would be ok and that it works just fine, but if I'm going to sink that kind of money into something, it might as well be new or almost new or at least a refurb. =)

—Thomas Jefferson

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: November 12, 2009 02:51PM

If you want a Vita-Mix blender, my best advice says either
get the Vita-Mix 5200 directly from the Vita-Mix Corporation, or buy
a Vita-Prep 3 (model 1005) from eBay. I use my Vita-Prep 3 almost daily,
and am very pleased with it. For some reason, the Vita-Mix Corp. doesn't sell the Vita-Prep 3.
You're not going to find deep discounts wherever you look.......WY

Date: November 12, 2009 10:42PM

Thanks for the tips WY. I sort of came to the same conclusion. I get confused when looking at all the different models on the websites. I would definitely use mine multiple times daily for my smoothies, so it needs to be able to take a routine beating. Is your's 2HP or 3HP ?

—Thomas Jefferson

Posted by: Krefcenz ()
Date: November 19, 2009 07:00PM

Vitamix is quoting $449 for a 5200 [secure.vitamix.com]

, for $365 including shipping, you can get a Blendtec HP3A with a 96 ounce carafe from 2-life.com. Need to scroll down and request special price. But it's $365 including shipping. Depends if you think the Vitamix is worth the extra $85. Your call.

p.s. before you make your decision, you might want to see the 96 ounce carafe in action.

[www.youtube.com] delete space next to watch when you past (note: I don't know why others do this, I'm just copying).

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2009 07:14PM by Krefcenz.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 20, 2009 09:03PM

I second 2-life as a good place for a good price. I purchased my Blendtec through them. Good service.
Janice

Date: November 21, 2009 06:03PM

Thanks so much for the helpful suggestions. Sadly, we had to use my juicer-sale money for an unexpected financial need, so I'm still saving for the VitaMix. Still pretty set on getting the Vitamix, but I do appreciate all the helpful tips and suggestions. THANK YOU !!! =)

—Thomas Jefferson

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables