Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Suggestions for good Food Processor ??
Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: December 13, 2009 04:30AM

I need to invest in one for my raw food preparations and wondered if I should invest in some expensive brand or if a general brand from Wal Mart or Target would suffice? Thanks for any suggestions.

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Suggestions for good Food Processor ??
Posted by: Krefcenz ()
Date: December 13, 2009 05:13PM

I'd stick with Cuisinart, 11 or 14 cup. I wouldn't recommend less than 11 cup in case you need to process large batches. Best place to buy? Is there a Costco near you? You can often find the 11 cup available at great discounts. Obviously if you can wait until after X-Mas, I'd bet you can get some great discounts. I just checked Overstock.com. They have an 11 cup for $187.

Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: December 13, 2009 10:31PM

Thanks so much. Someone on another raw forum also gave the exact same recommendation, so that must be a good brand processor. Thanks so much. smiling smiley

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: December 14, 2009 07:06PM

kitchen aid , or cuisenart .. whichever one you can afford modelwise smiling smiley i prefer the larger cup models as theres less tranferring to multiple bowls ..also find one that either sells lots of add on attatchments or comes with lots already smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: December 20, 2009 02:39AM

KitchenAid 12 cup is good from all the research I did. I went and splurged on the 16 cup but afterwards found reviews that were negative and recommended the 12 cup. Too bad I had already spent so much on the 16 cup one.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: December 20, 2009 12:43PM

Cuisinart.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 24, 2009 01:46AM

I have a Cuisinart, it is a wonderful food processor.

smiling smiley Deb

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: December 31, 2009 09:06PM

I went to Wal-Mart last week and picked up a Hamilton Beach number for $35 that has been very good so far! I have been happy with its power and have used it to shred beets, potatoes (and cheese...sorry!). I have used the other side and sliced uniform potatoes effortlessly. I haven't used the S blade as of yet but look forward to!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables