Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Best Low Price Blender?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 13, 2006 03:22PM

Does anyone know of a good blender that costs less than $100, and hopefully is quiet, for a college student to buy, who can't afford an expensive one, and may not use it that much in the future anyway?

Thanks in advance.

Lois

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Best Low Price Blender?
Date: August 18, 2006 09:10AM

For blending fruit there are many you can choose from. For greens you need a high speed blender such as vatamix or total blender but they are about 400 dollars and even a used one cannot be bought at 100. [www.discountjuicers.com]

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: August 25, 2006 08:43AM

I've heard of people buying the Bullet and having good luck with it. I believe it will also do some food processing, too.

I saved and saved and bought a K-Tec Champ HP3 but know that doesn't help you. I recently purchased a food processor in addition. It arrived today.

Good luck.
Therese

Date: September 03, 2006 12:43AM

She'll be making mostly smoothies in the blender. Actually, my main concerns are that it works and it's quiet and that it costs less than $100, because I'm buying it for her and my husband will have a fit if I buy an expensive one.

Thanks Therese and djatchi.

Lois

Posted by: jeffp6155 ()
Date: September 03, 2006 06:06PM

What constitutes high speed? I recently bought a mid seventies Osterizer that's 800 watts for about $50 on Ebay. As I get into blending greens I'll determine if this appliance serves my needs or not.

Posted by: rosemary ()
Date: September 21, 2006 12:43PM

Just go for the highest wattage you can afford. 700-900 watts are generally affordable.

Posted by: SiennaInLondon ()
Date: February 05, 2007 11:39PM

I REALLY need something that will demolish nuts because my Moulinex is a pre-raw purchase and wont even touch the nuts. I mean the L'equip is meant to be good but is still a little on the pricey side... unless my father decides to help and he has been really tight-fisted lately!

Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: February 06, 2007 01:23AM

You don't need a $400 blender to blend fruit and other basic smoothies. I spent my money on a juicer and am still using a regular Hamilton Beach blender I got from the department store for around $45. It has an "ice crusher" which is probably why it's good at grinding nuts/seeds into powder. Sure it's not as powerful as the expensive ones like "The Total Blender" but it works great for what I've been using it for over the past 3 years now.

Other than that my suggestion is this one. It's listed at $59. If you shop around you'd probably find it even cheaper. Check 2-life.com
[www.personalblender.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2007 01:26AM by LikeItOrNot.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables