Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

new to juicing best juicer
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 11, 2010 08:03PM

I started reading through all the threads to find out which juicer you would suggest for my requirements.
All fruits/vegetables.
Wheatgrass.

With that said, which juicer would everyone suggest. I have read alot of the omega Vert, omega 8006.

Not concerned about price. Just want a quality all around easy to clean juicer.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: new to juicing best juicer
Posted by: frances ()
Date: January 11, 2010 08:12PM

There are a lot of great juicers out there, and this type of question tends to bring a flood of enthusiastic responses.

I use the Omega 8006, a single-auger juicer, and I think it's great. It fits your requirement of quality and easy cleaning. It will juice just about anything, including wheatgrass. I would recommend it without reservations, though I haven't experimented with as many different models as some others around here have.

Date: January 11, 2010 08:38PM

I was very much intending to get the Omega 8006 until I read on here and people were discussing the Omega VRT.

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: January 11, 2010 11:34PM

If the choice is between the Omega 8006 and the Omega VERT, I'd go with the 8006. I must admit the VERT made quite a splash when it first came out, but I've used them both, and the 8006 has a better 'feel' to me. Plus, I like the 8006 cleanup much better.....WY

Date: January 12, 2010 12:47AM

There is no choice yet, I posted on here for opinions.

Posted by: newhoove ()
Date: January 12, 2010 03:41AM

I like the Omega single auger 8003/8005/8006. I personally have the 8003 and it does a great job on almost everything! I never tried to do wheatgrass on it. The price is also manageable.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: January 12, 2010 08:26PM

Wheatgrass Yogi: Could you please explain the difference in cleanup between the two Omegas? I read another post where someone said that they didn't like the fact that the Omega (Vert?) juice had to be strained because there is no pulp ejection.

Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: January 12, 2010 09:24PM

hi new...

i have been using the green star brand juicer for mnay years and recently upgraded to the new gs 5000 or elite and i really love it.

it is so easy to operate and clean. the wide variety of possibilities regarding fruits and veggies as well as wheatgrass makes it the all in one complete juicing machine. if you can afford the $500 price range i think you will be quite pleases with the quality you will be getting and the juicing benefits you are looking for.

juicin' john

Posted by: jonl138 ()
Date: January 12, 2010 10:32PM

Juicin John- have you noticed the Elite to be a bit louder than the previous models? I've noticed it and am just wondering if anyone else has.
-Jon

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: January 12, 2010 11:30PM

banana who Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I read another post where someone said that they
> didn't like the fact that the Omega (Vert?) juice
> had to be strained because there is no pulp
> ejection.
The VERT is a pulp-ejection single-auger juicer. However,
for best results, the juice from all juicers should be strained. I
have a collection of strainers from Very Fine (for Wheatgrass) to
Medium (for Carrot and Celery) to Coarse (for Grapefruit).....WY

Date: January 13, 2010 12:26AM

jonl...

i did notice that and it happened when i did not have the "hollow" plastic cover on the machine seated into the slot that secures in solidly. it was kinda like the "gramaphone effect". after i pushed it in place the noise stopped and i basically i t seems to be pretty much the same as the oldler models.

in view of your asking the question now ...i may heve to say that the cover which slots into place may have something to do with it being "a bit louder"....but not much enough for me to notice.

juicin' john

Date: January 13, 2010 12:35AM

jonl...

after posting the above .....i went down to the kitchen and turned my gs-elite on and sure enough it is a bit louder evan without the cover on. still pretty quiet tho.

jj

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables