Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I ordered the Omega 8006!
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: January 20, 2010 02:37AM

I deliberated for a while, but finally chose this model and brand. Why? Well, I was torn between getting a Vitamix right now and just skipping a juicer. On disccounterjuicers.com they posted the question of juicers vs. high speed blenders. They quoted George Malkumus who mentioned about fiber not allowing nutrients to be absorbed very well. Even though I am not treating a health condition or anything, I am not really interested in drinking full-fiber carrot juice. I do plan on getting a Vitamix later in the year, but since I have a decent blender (there are lumps, but such is life!) I will continue to use it, and also juice when I feel like having non-smoothies. Life is goodsmiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I ordered the Omega 8006!
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: January 20, 2010 03:28AM

banana who Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I deliberated for a while, but finally chose this
> model and brand.
I think you made a good decision. I use an Omega 8003, with the new, improved 8006
GE Ultem Auger, which is 8 times harder than the other augers from the 8001, 8002, 8003,
and 8005 Omega models. Plus, the Omega 8006 has a 15-year warranty vs. 10-years of the 8005.....WY
P.S. I like what George Malkmus said about Fiber.

Re: I ordered the Omega 8006!
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: January 20, 2010 03:50AM

Whew! Thanks for the affirmation! I just read someone on here who ordered a Champion, which started my head a'spinning once again. I did consider the Champion, as well. I have heard many good things about its durability. I think what tipped me towards the Omega was that I heard that it does greens really well. Even the lauded Greenstar supposedly isn't all that when it comes to fruit. In any case, the Omega is cheaper than the Greenstar, and the Vitamix is in the future. I want to get more use out of my humble $30 blender. It's still alive and kicking and had I gotten the Vitamix now, it would have been put out to pasture prematurely!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables