Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Greenstar 3000 Juicer/ Food Processor/ Omega Food Processor
Posted by: helovesyou ()
Date: January 22, 2010 04:50AM

I looked at the greenstar juicer and noticed it can also be used as a food processor. Would this be a better deal then buying them both seperately? If I could get two for the price of one that would be great.Any suggestions on food processor's if I go this route. I have heard the Omega is good but it's a little pricey. Is their anything comparable to the Omega that is less expensive?

Thanks,
Karen

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Greenstar 3000 Juicer/ Food Processor/ Omega Food Processor
Posted by: frances ()
Date: January 22, 2010 02:37PM

A juicer like the Greenstar can replace some of the grinding behavior of a food processor, but I wouldn't consider it to be close to a replacement for a real food processor. If you haven't worked with a food processor in the past, I would suggest searching youtube for "food processor". There are quite a few demo videos that can familiarize you with what to expect a food processor to do. If you're already looking at information about the Greenstar juicer, I think you'll find that there isn't much overlap between their capabilities.

If you decide that you want a food processor, there are a lot of good options. Raw foodists often spend a lot on expensive blenders and juicers, but in my opinion the raw food diet doesn't put any greater demands on a food processor than food-prep for a standard diet. If you want to buy a typical inexpensive food processor, that will probably be sufficient. The most important question might be bowl capacity you want. On the other hand, if you're ready to make the investment, a more expensive machine is probably worth it if you end up using it a lot over many years. You could try buying a less expensive one now, and if you burn it out with heavy use you'll know you might want a heavy-duty model.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables