Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

too much orange juice?
Posted by: scottiethomas ()
Date: February 14, 2010 02:15AM

Hi,

I just bought a citrus juicer and have been juicing oranges, tangelos, etc. averaging about 12 ounces a day. a bunch of oranges i have are going bad soon and im juicing them, meaning today i had about 20 - 24 ounces? is that too much acid?

thanks
scottie

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: too much orange juice?
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: February 15, 2010 12:07PM

the whole acid/akaline balance is a aloud of crap anyway, your body maintains a very narrow PH, and with all these people claiming disease is caused by being too acidic they'd suffer acidiosis if that was the case. Another health fad on that front.

so yeah it will be fine but its alot of sugar.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 25, 2010 05:11AM

powerlifer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> the whole acid/akaline balance is a aloud of crap
> anyway, your body maintains a very narrow PH, and
> with all these people claiming disease is caused
> by being too acidic they'd suffer acidiosis if
> that was the case. Another health fad on that
> front.
>
> so yeah it will be fine but its alot of sugar.

lol

Posted by: RAWLION ()
Date: February 28, 2010 02:35PM

I think the problem with the misinformation about acid/alkaline is in fact the lack of people understanding things.
POWERLIFTER, you are right in the fact that if you were too acid you would have big problems and be in the ER. you wouldn't need fruit or greens, you'd be in the hospital! ! !
But I think the point about eating the right foods is based how one looks at what is being said. I've noticed 3 different ways people speak of the acid/alkaline thing. I think only one is correct. (my mom is an ex-ER nurse,she has helped me swim through the BS)
OK, some people say you should eat alkaline foods and be careful of eating acidic foods. Now thats foolish because some acidic foods are in fact the most alkalyzing foods for us !!! IE-the Lemon, very acidic, yet has largely alkalyzing effect on us. Why, the body releases its own alkaline substance,(sodium bicarbonate i think).

so then i realized i was focused on the wrong thing, so I started saying that i need to eat ALKALYZING foods, and stray from acidifying foods. So this shift helps realized what the real issue is. but i still hadn't fully understood the true concept yet.
Basically we should all look at the food in our bodies as this medicine that flows through, and while inside of us, it is going to be breaking down and reacting to things. With processes like these you will be left with some sort of waste and nutrients. depending on what you eat, the reaction your body has to these things is different. for instance, if i eat a 72 oz steak(yep,this was my farewell to meat, 72 oz steak, with all the fixins,1 hour, amarillo texas!)
then as that steak passes through my body, it is releasing acid.
now, the problem here is usually when folks take the jump, and say that this steak will in fact acidify me. it may some, but the body jumps in very quickly to balance this out. in time though, if i ate steak after steak, which i did, your body will be extremely stressed and taxed.
so now, i understand the concept pretty well. The body will not allow our blood to stray from a pretty specific pH, and it is that balancing action that we need to help with our diet, and not force our body to constantly balance our foolish, addcitive eating habits. which in the long run it could not keep up.

So now, i say eat alkaline FORMING foods.....and a little bit of acid FORMING foods.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: March 02, 2010 12:30PM

SlamMan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> powerlifer Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > the whole acid/akaline balance is a aloud of
> crap
> > anyway, your body maintains a very narrow PH,
> and
> > with all these people claiming disease is
> caused
> > by being too acidic they'd suffer acidiosis if
> > that was the case. Another health fad on that
> > front.
> >
> > so yeah it will be fine but its alot of sugar.
>
> lol

i dont know what your lolling at, if you understood acid/alkaline theory you most likely wouldnt. As another poster under you has said your body keeps a pretty narrow PH at the best of times.

All this acidicness is the cause of all disease is much like how the parasite issue is blown out of proportion, how candidiasis is the contributor for all diseases, ive seen sites that link candida to diseases which have nothing to do with it. The people who are trying to manipulate parts of the body that need to be acidic to function such as your digestive tract so you can adequatley digest food/protein is dependant on acid enzymes such as pepsin. I see people trying magnesium oxide/calcium oxide, mollasses concotions to purposely manipulate it to a alkaline PH due to misformed crap sites.

dangerous game once you have achieved your alkaline PH in the digestive tract, the acids produced by your good bacteria to keep opportunistic pathogens such as candida in their harmless yeast form turn on the growth gene so they can mutate into their overgrowth fungal form.

Date: March 11, 2010 05:20PM

The only problem with too much oj, or other acidic things - at least for me - is they can cause cold sores to erupt.

Date: March 15, 2010 01:53AM

I eat many oranges and have no issues. Sometimes I eat 3 to 4 a day. I eat them whole or blended--I don't have a juicer. Something interesting to note... when I was eating 100% SAD (Standard American Diet--Junk and dead food) and I ate citruses-- I would get terrible upset tummy and heart-burn. Since I have gone primarily raw, this has not happened--at all. I think there may be a connection, but this is only based on my own personal experience, not information I picked up anywhere. smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables