Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Purchased the Waring MX1000XT blender
Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: March 03, 2010 12:31PM

Finally made a decision on a blender... it would have been either this one or the Vitamix 5200, but another $90.00 is not in the budget right now & I need a replacement blender, so this was the most economical choice in a "commercial" series blender.

I know, definitely not top of the line; in fact, it is their base model in this series. But, it has the features I am looking for, such as;

Paddle on/off/pulse switches
64 oz. carafe
Inexpensive
3.5 (peak) HP motor
Hi-speed - 45,000 RPM

Warranty is 3 yr. motor/2 yr. parts. I also have 30 days (trial) period to use it & return for full refund if not completely satisfied for any reason. That's a pretty decent deal.

I will be sure to use it hard during those 30 days to see if any problems manifest. Being a mechanic/technician, I will easily be able to determine if this thing is built rugged enough for the long haul.

The regulars on here know me as being an honest guy, and I will be quick to point out any flaws/shortcomings/defects with the unit. I will continue to update the thread periodically with my results.

For now, I play the waiting game. Their website states shipping time of 9-12 days.

Cheers,
JK smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2010 12:34PM by juicerkatz.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Purchased the Waring MX1000XT blender
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: March 03, 2010 05:23PM

Katz....Congratulations on making a decision about
A Blender. I've owned two Waring blenders in the past. One,
the MX1200XT, had a variable speed dial. I don't think it's
still in production.
Keep us informed about how you like the Waring MX1000XT.
I know you must be excited.....WY

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: March 03, 2010 06:25PM

Congats. Let us know how it performs. If you don't mind my asking, what was the final purchase price including shipping. Sounds like the upper $300s? Reason I'm asking is that the deal I got from 2-life on my blendtec is no longer there, so i'm trying to stay current about deals in case my friends ask.

Paul

Date: March 03, 2010 07:04PM

Hi WY,

This model doesn't have the variable speed dial. I looked at that model, but then again, there is another $100 bucks for features I don't really need. That model is the MX1200XT. ($450.00)

Hi Paul,

Total amount including shipping for the Waring is 309.94. I searched all over the 'net & this is the best deal I came up with. [www.theblenderplace.com]

As I mentioned, the V-Mix would have been around $390.00 shipped, maybe a bit more, & at this time was a deal breaker for me. And that is for a refurb model.

When the economy improves (if ever) I may spring for a V-Mix & donate this Waring to a family member.

That is, unless the Waring exceeds my expectation...I am hoping that it will!

Posted by: frances ()
Date: March 04, 2010 10:37PM

I have been using the Waring MX1000XT for a couple of years now, and it hasn't given me any trouble at all in that time. I definitely think it's a good purchase. It was a good bargain then, and the price has gone down since then. (I think the design has changed slightly, so I *hope* that quality hasn't decrease with the price.)

I occasionally wish I had a tamper like like the one the Vitamix offers, but the Waring is compatible with Vitamix carafes, so I told myself I could buy a Vitamix carafe with tamper if I decided I needed it. Two years later, and I'm occasionally having to turn the blender off to push food down with a utensil. I'm not ready to invest the money in a new carafe yet. (A couple years ago, several reviewers were recommending the Vitamix carafe/Waring blender setup as ideal because the Waring was more powerful than the Vitamix at the time, but the Vitamix carafe was superior.)

The Waring has been a real workhorse for me. I hope you enjoy yours!

Date: March 05, 2010 12:32AM

Thanks for the info. frances,

That all sounds good. If the V-Mix carafes are still compatible, that would be a good route to go. For my family's needs, I liked the fact that it comes with the 64 oz'er.

As far as a tamper goes; can't you get all the food to blend/pull down into the blade by pulsing the unit when starting?

Yeah, I'm excited - I can usually wait patiently on internet purchases, but this will be a long couple of weeks 'till it arrives!

Date: March 05, 2010 04:11PM

> As far as a tamper goes; can't you get all the
> food to blend/pull down into the blade by pulsing
> the unit when starting?

Usually. When the contents of the blender are very thick or very frozen, they may tend to clump in blender and not fall within reach of the blades. The pulse feature kicks the blade speed up to high (so it doesn't do anything if you're already running on high). The pulse can help chop larger chunks early in the blending, but only if those pieces are within the blades' range. This doesn't usually become an issue for me if I'm working with a liquid base, but when blending apples to apple sauce it can be difficult at first, and for blending sprouted nuts into butter the tamper would be a huge, huge help. (I've seen nut butters made using a Vitamix with tamper, and it's awesome!)

Date: March 09, 2010 12:18AM

Received today - Yes!!!

Just made my first smoothie...and this thing is great!!! Definitely should have bought one years ago. Liquefied everything in a matter of minutes, no shaking, tilting the base, etc. needed. Of course, I always use a lot of water/ice when making them.

This is definitely a time saver. With so much more power over my old 600 watt Braun. I can drink them creamy smooth or a bit pulpy, doesn't matter to me, but my family likes the "milkshake" consistency better.

For the "non-raw foodists" in the house, I made;

1/4 lemon
3 oranges
2 apples
2 bananas
2 kiwis
1/4 cucumber
1 stalk celery
2 broccoli pcs.
1 leaf bibb lettuce

...gotta sneak some green in there!

For me, I add dandelion greens, spinach & some other goodies like that. I did notice that I have to pulse the blender more than my old one, take breaks from running it on high, or I will end up with hot soup instead of a cold smoothie!

Need to adjust my technique a bit more & use more ice in place of the water - to keep things cool. All in all, I am very impressed with the first experience.

It doesn't come with a recipe booklet, but I don't need that anyway. I will use it hard over the next month to make sure I will be satisfied with it, and to test the durability.

Note...I believe I would like the 96 oz. container, since I am usually making these for 3-5 people.

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: March 09, 2010 02:43AM

juicerkatz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Note...I believe I would like the 96 oz.
> container, since I am usually making these for 3-5
> people.
I hope you enjoy your new Blender. Does Waring make a
96-ounce carafe? I know Blendtec does, but it won't fit the
Waring base....WY

Date: March 09, 2010 02:18PM

The biggest Waring carafe I see online is 64 oz, which is the size that comes with the MX1000XT. Vitamix doesn't seem to make anything over 64 oz either, so Blendtec may be the only option for those who need to blend more than half a gallon at once.

Date: April 12, 2010 11:52AM

Update -

Over a month now and this blender is going strong, no issues. I am happy with the purchase, would buy again. The only thing I would cite is that I wish a 96 oz. carafe was available for it.

It has all the features I need; Lo/Hi & pulse - like to keep things simple, less to break! grinning smiley

Posted by: neurosport ()
Date: May 05, 2010 01:55AM

supposedly on a vitamix you can swap the rubber centering pad for an "xp" centering pad and use an "xp" or "advance" contaners which are ENORMOUS. i think they are actually bigger than the 96 blendtec.

vitamix told me this will burn out the motor though because those containers have a bigger blade. i decided against such experiments.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables