Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

What do you keep your juice in during the day? And a few other simple questions...
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 03, 2010 04:58PM

Hello everyone- I just purchased an Omega 8005 juicer which I'm very happy with so far. I read that if you're going to bring juice with you during the day it should be stored in an opaque,non-plastic container filled to the top to prevent oxidation.

I'm wondering what everyone here who brings juice with them to work uses to store their juice?

Some other questions:

1. I'm not quite sure what the obsession is here with Vita Mix blenders, from what I've read it doesnt seem like a necessity. Also why would you want to drink juice with the pulp all blended into it, doesnt that defeat the purpose of juicing?

2. Does eating right before or after juicing keep you from absorbing all the nutrients from the juice?

3. Where can I find online some good juice recipes or some good information aside from this site?

Thanks so much for your help,
Ryan

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What do you keep your juice in during the day? And a few other simple questions...
Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: March 03, 2010 11:01PM

* I store my juices in 8 oz. jelly/canning type jars. Filled to the very top, they stay fresh for 3-4 days when juiced with my Norwalk. If you use a juicer that leaves a lot of pulp behind, they will not last that long.

Also, there is a gizmo that will vacuum seal jars to remove most of the air. I am planning on purchasing one soon - it is a hand type pump.

* Vitamix - Well, I personally like to mix up my diet with smoothies from time to time. When you make a smoothie, you are getting all of the pulp & fiber from the plant.

* I personally leave some time between drinking a juice/water & consuming solid food. Food goes through a digestion process, whereas pulp free juice/water gets absorbed much quicker.

* Google for raw food sites/juicing forums/juicing recipes. There is a lot of good info. out there for the searching.

Re: What do you keep your juice in during the day? And a few other simple questions...
Posted by: Krefcenz ()
Date: March 03, 2010 11:26PM

ryanwex Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hello everyone- I just purchased an Omega 8005
> juicer which I'm very happy with so far. I read
> that if you're going to bring juice with you
> during the day it should be stored in an
> opaque,non-plastic container filled to the top to
> prevent oxidation.
>
> I'm wondering what everyone here who brings juice
> with them to work uses to store their juice?
>
> Some other questions:
>
> 1. I'm not quite sure what the obsession is here
> with Vita Mix blenders, from what I've read it
> doesnt seem like a necessity. Also why would you
> want to drink juice with the pulp all blended into
> it, doesnt that defeat the purpose of juicing?
>
> 2. Does eating right before or after juicing keep
> you from absorbing all the nutrients from the
> juice?
>
> 3. Where can I find online some good juice
> recipes or some good information aside from this
> site?
>
> Thanks so much for your help,
> Ryan

Ryan,

I believe that you intend well. But when you refer to someone who owns a Vitamix as being obsessive and then ask them to give you feedback, I believe you are both insulting them and defeating your purpose. Perhaps you can rephrase. Thanks.

Kref

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables