Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pre-cutting your vegtables the night before
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 03, 2010 05:09PM

I don't have time to prep all the vegetables in the morning and have been cutting them the day before. Does anyone see a problem with this in regards to loosing nutrients or anything?

Thanks, Ryan

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pre-cutting your vegtables the night before
Posted by: Trive ()
Date: March 03, 2010 07:52PM

More surface area means more exposure to oxygen. (Bad news for vitamins.) The browning you see on the white flesh of an apple soon after cutting it is evidence of oxidation, so cutting the night before doesn't seem like a good idea. Maybe go to bed a bit earlier and get up earlier?

My favorite raw vegan

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: March 04, 2010 08:27PM

only other idea would be if its for juicing then buy organic vegetables which in most cases you can leave the skin on and just juice it full depending on your juicer.

Posted by: GilmoreGirl ()
Date: March 06, 2010 11:21PM

Some produce can work fine cut in advance like celery, carrots, beets, ginger, citrus, etc.Just store it well in air tight containers or bags. Really just do what works for you.

Simple Raw Recipes & Health Tips

Posted by: Maritza ()
Date: March 07, 2010 10:26AM

what about choping up all your greens and having them in zip lock bags so all you have to do it grab and dump in the morning? That's what I wanted to do. I would like to do it all when I get home from the market and just have them ready to go for the week.

Posted by: flash ()
Date: April 13, 2010 04:21PM

For my blending, I always cut up my fruit/vegetables the evening before, stuff them into the carafe and put it in the refrigerator for blending in the morning. There is some oxidation, but I'd guess that depending on how they are cut up, less than 10% of the total will be affected.

flash

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables