Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Unwanted Blendtec Blender?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 19, 2010 04:04AM

Hello all!
I have been searching for an unwanted used blendtec blender for a few weeks now.I cant afford the whole price of nearly $400. So forming a post on here seems to be my last option. I am a young single mother to 5 month old identical twin boys and I gained MASSIVE weight thoroughout the pregnancy as well as developed high blood pressure. I have tried every diet out there with very little progress. I planned to use a blendtec to blend up SMOOTH green smoothies in hopes of gaining more energy and losing weight.The regular blender I have now makes the smoothies chuncky and im unable to drink it that way. No one has replied to any other posts that I have put up [I even resorted to taking an hour to create a youtube video hoping that someone would see it and respond....no luck there]. So if there is anyone out there reading this that has a unwanted blendtec [I dont care if its scrapped or anything, as long as it works] PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE contact me, I am really desprite for this blender. Thank YOU

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Unwanted Blendtec Blender?
Posted by: rawpreston ()
Date: March 19, 2010 06:15AM

You might also try craigslist and ebay for used ones (or vita-mix).

FYI though, a high-speed blender is by no means required to succeed on a raw diet. Just increase the amount of raw fruits and vegetables you eat and you should notice improvements. Browse this forum and other raw forums and you'll get a LOT of tips, and don't hesitate to ask questions.

Are you making green smoothies? What's chunky in them, the greens? I got my parents hooked on green smoothies, they make them daily and they just have a regular blender. One tip I taught my mom (which I even do with my Blendtec), is to put the greens in first, with water, and run those on a cycle. Since they tend to be the toughest and most fibrous, this helps to best pulverize them. Personally i use a LOT of greens, and about 1.5cups water. Then when that's mixed I add a few bananas or other fruit, and those blend pretty easily.

Good luck in your search and your health journey

Date: March 19, 2010 12:22PM

Thank You! yes I looked everywhere; ebay, craigslist, amazon etc.
I am eager to try a super smooth Green smoothie, when I tried making them [several different times] it came out with a bunch of pulp...and I just cant get it down that way. I made it with spinach and apples. The taste of it was ok, but the texture was horrible. Is there a way to make a smooth or almost smooth reen smoothie with a regular blender?

Posted by: rawpreston ()
Date: March 19, 2010 10:59PM

I suggest trying my tip above with just blending the greens and water at first. Otherwise with a full blender it can have a hard time pulverizing the small bits of greens sometimes. I don't have any experience with a standard blender, BUT I made my parents a green smoothie with my Blendtec, and they were all ready to take the plunge on a Blendtec, without even trying theirs first.. but they did try theirs and now they just use that, and decided not to get a Blendtec after all, so I do know it's doable.

ALSO: for me, BANANA is the key addition. It gives it a creaminess and somehow "emulsifies" the greens pulp with the water and everything else. When I tried without banana, but with apples, in my Blendtec, it was pretty gross and chunky too! I think it's the pectin fiber in the apples or something, it actually kind of separated, like I said gross. So now I use like 2-3 bananas (or 4), then sometimes add an apple or pear too. And as many greens as will fit smiling smiley Like a head of romaine.

Good luck!

Date: March 20, 2010 03:19AM

take a look at my post, i just posted

"FIND OUT WHAT HP YOU REALLY HAVE........"

Date: March 21, 2010 07:24PM

I purchased a demo unit on ebay for $265 shipped, you can also use 8% cash back through bing if paying by paypal.

Posted by: RAWLION ()
Date: March 22, 2010 09:33AM

The problem rhonda, is that nobody wants to get rid of theirs!!! High speed blenders are the kind of item you keep for years, have faith, you will find one used.

The Raw Lion 440 pounds to 225 pounds!

Posted by: BackAgain ()
Date: April 04, 2010 04:34AM

I can't tollerate green smoothies at all. They're either too thick and to add more water where it was tollerable then it turned out to be A LOT of liquid to drink. I found it to get foamy too which makes me gag.

I prefer using a juicer. Just a thought to consider. Of course you don't get the fiber with a juicer though.

Posted by: BackAgain ()
Date: April 04, 2010 04:37AM

Do a search in this forum for "Oster Blender" (All words). I think some people had success with that one but I don't remember and didn't read through everything. Here's a couple threads. THere's more on here.

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2010 04:46AM by BackAgain.

Posted by: flash ()
Date: April 08, 2010 06:23PM

rhondac:

See PM.

flash

Posted by: violetrevo ()
Date: May 01, 2010 08:27AM

I have an Oster BPST02-B Professional Series Blender thats only 1/2 hp. I got it for like $50 on ebay. It works really good for me. I make green smoothies and they come out fine not chunky.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables