Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

help, living in france and need a blender
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 04, 2010 05:28PM

I am on the vitamix vs blendtec quest and the winner will be whoever produces a blender that has a french plug. I have not been able to find any french suppliers and the uk ones are super expensive and have the uk plug. anyone know a dealer here in france???? If not I can buy in the good ole usa and plug into my super big converter like i do for my excalibur but there has to be a different way, just has to

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: help, living in france and need a blender
Posted by: loeve ()
Date: April 04, 2010 07:02PM

Hi abbeymassage,
If there are no Vita Mix dealers in France then you might try Tan SC of Belgium who serves southern Belgium and France -- [www.vitamix.com]

Belgium and France run on the same voltage and Hz (230v/50hz) and use the same plug, at least according to this website-- [www.kropla.com]

..looks like the UK uses a different plug type anyway. Hopefully the Belgium source has a good price?

- haven't checked for Blendtec international dealers...

Date: April 05, 2010 11:32AM

..I see now, the Vita Mix in Brussels is roughly double what it would cost in the US -- [www.tanclub.org]

Vita Mix of Denmark and Germany [www.vitamix.com] would have different plugs? but might be compatable with a simple plug adapter since those countries also operate at 230v/50hz.

Best of luck

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2010 11:35AM by loeve.

Date: April 05, 2010 03:01PM

I read there's a Blendtec dealer in France but you might want to email Blendtec Corp. to get a list of authorized dealers in your area. Blendtec seems more reasonably priced in the EU if this UK supplier is any indication -- [www.juiceproducer.com]

I see what you mean about needing an adapter if ordering from the UK but at least it can be plugged in anywhere without a converter.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 08, 2010 01:29PM

thanks, after much research im going to buy the blender in the usa and use my adaptor, otherwise it is about double the price.

Date: April 08, 2010 03:27PM

Thanks for the reply, it's always nice to hear the conclusion.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables