Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

My take on the Breville 800JEXL Juice Fountain Elite
Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: April 27, 2010 12:38AM

I needed something quicker than the Norwalk for those busy days when time is short...so, I did a bit of research & decided to go with the Breville 800JEXL Juice Fountain Elite. Swore I would never own another centrifugal juicer after the Juiceman series over 15 rs. ago, but juicers have come a long way since then.

The good

Fast! it is extremely fast. Will put out a quart of juice in minutes. Two speeds; the slower is great for softer fruits. Runs very well, balanced nice. Stainless Steel construction/Die Cast metal base. Wide mouth (3"winking smiley feeding is beautiful, I love throwing whole apples, oranges, etc. in there without cutting! Stuffing a full bunch of celery in, no problem. Definitely a time-saver. Clean-up is very easy as well, and it comes with a spatula/brush that is useful in cleaning the mesh screen/basket.

The bad

Well, not really too much. I will say it has a tendency to "grab" certain produce, such as leafy greens & pull them trough the cutter too quickly and not fully juicing them. What I will do to alleviate this is wrap the greens around a carrot or celery & feed them in & that solves that issue. The pulp? Well, I didn't do any weighing/measuring, but I will tell you that it is MUCH drier than I ever expected it to be with a juicer such as this. I don't get the feeling that I am wasting juice like I have with other centrifugals.

Now, note the pic.; there is a very small "gap" where the arrows are. Actually, the top sort of "rocks" a very small amount from front to back creating a tiny gap in that area. I was concerned that there would be leakage there, but not a drop. Also, the top feels kinda "flimsy", when holding it by itself, but when assembled/locked into place, all is rock-solid.

I have juiced about a 1/2 dozen times with it, and I am well pleased. I know, it is not a single auger/twin gear or similar higher quality/yield juicer, but that is what I have the Norwalk for.

That is all I can think of at this time; I will add more info. later if I feel the need to. This "juice fountain" is definitely serving the purpose for my busy family. At this time, I give it a "5 out of 5"!

Hope y'all enjoyed my review! smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My take on the Breville 800JEXL Juice Fountain Elite
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: April 27, 2010 01:19AM

Very nice report. The Breville 800JEXL is their
top-of-the-line Centrifugal. I owned one briefly, many years
ago, to compare to my Omega 4000. I felt the Cutter Plate was
too small, and off-centered, for the large (3" dia.) feed chute.
It's difficult not to like the Breville 800JEXL after watching
Dan-the-Man using one in all his YouTube videos.
Good Luck with yours....WY

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: April 29, 2010 01:32AM

Yeah, I like the way Dan-the-Man makes use of his. As far as the cutter plate; it seems fine to me, although I have not compared it side by side to the Omega. The plate is centered in the feed tube, which some reviewers do not like.

Some feel it would be better if placed off to one side, like some of the Juiceman models/others are constructed. At any rate, I am havin' fun with it!

Posted by: veghunter ()
Date: June 22, 2010 07:17PM

I hear you juicerkatz. I had a Juiceman before my Breville 800JEXL and it was the pits. It squeezed out practically no juice and broke in two months. Reluctantly, I got the Breville to replace the Juiceman a few years ago and I do like it, but find I don't use it as often as I used to because tossing things in the Vitamix is so much easier, quicker, and there's much less clean up.

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: June 22, 2010 11:10PM

whats the price on average of these, and does it juice carrots better than an omega 8004 would?

Posted by: veghunter ()
Date: June 23, 2010 01:17AM

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: June 23, 2010 02:58AM

Curator Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> whats the price on average of these, and does it
> juice carrots better than an omega 8004 would?
Veghunter supplied the prices.
As far as which juicer does carrots best, I'd say the Breville 800JEXL is easier to use, but the Omega 8004 produces a better quality juice. Plus, the Omega is twice as easy to clean. That's important if anyone juices everyday. However, I still find myself using a centrifugal for carrot juice because it produces the juice so quickly.....WY

Posted by: Nubster ()
Date: June 23, 2010 05:21AM

If I buy a juicer I am sold on the Omega 8004. Since I do primarily green juices I feel the need of an auger type juicer out weighs the speed of a centrifugal juicer. But after juicing the past few weeks with my blender as well as making ice cream and nut/seed milk, I am thinking strongly about skipping the juicer and getting a quality blender instead. I cannot afford a juicer and a new blender, at least for a long time so I have to decide on one or the other. Actually I can't afford either at the moment but hopefully that is going to change soon. I have been looking at the new Omega 2004 or 2005 blenders.

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: June 23, 2010 06:26AM

yeah, Im going to get the omega 8004 then, I dont really care to much about the speed, although I definitely see the convenience though, But I am rather patient, and Ive become that way by purposely doing things in ways that require allot of patience... Id give examples, but all of them relate to cooked foods, or are inappropriate for all audiences,lol... thank you for the information, But I think a better quality juice, and hopefully more efficient juicing, is worth the extra time to me, although from what Ive found it sure seems REALLY fast!!! lol

Posted by: Nubster ()
Date: June 23, 2010 07:57AM

Nubster Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If I buy a juicer I am sold on the Omega 8004.
> Since I do primarily green juices I feel the need
> of an auger type juicer out weighs the speed of a
> centrifugal juicer. But after juicing the past few
> weeks with my blender as well as making ice cream
> and nut/seed milk, I am thinking strongly about
> skipping the juicer and getting a quality blender
> instead. I cannot afford a juicer and a new
> blender, at least for a long time so I have to
> decide on one or the other. Actually I can't
> afford either at the moment but hopefully that is
> going to change soon. I have been looking at the
> new Omega 2004 or 2005 blenders.

I mean the Omega 2400 or 2500 blenders.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 23, 2010 10:58AM

Hi !
I've just visited this forum. Happy to get acquainted with you. Thanks.

Posted by: Twinki ()
Date: August 01, 2012 12:53AM

Just got one a couple of months ago, after waiting about a month for it. Starting my juicing Aug 1 but I too did my research and thats how I ended up buying the breville will let you know how my experiences go good or bad...

Peace...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables