Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Robot Coupe Blixer - what VitaMix was supposed to be
Posted by: neurosport ()
Date: May 14, 2010 03:53AM

[www.robotcoupeusa.com]

[www.robotcoupeusa.com]

[www.youtube.com]

let me quote from that pdf:

"Recommended for use in healthcare facilities for preparing spoon feedings, semi-liquid feedings, and liquid feedings (for tube feedings); restaurants for preparing combo butter mixtures, sauces, salad dressings, mousses, and grinding herbs, seeds, lobster, scampi, etc."

i dunno about you but to me it looks like VitaMix is a fake ghetto Blixer.

vita-mix says how it can do everything but that's BS. aside from the tamper i see absolutely no difference in the design of vitamix and any blender you an buy at walmart.

with a Blixer you have one metal blade that sweeps the entire bottom of the container and another plastic blade that sweeps the entire side surface so nothing can ever be left stuck anywhere and everything is blended up.

of course a Blixer only has 3,400 rpm vs 37,000 rpm of vita-mix so it won't make a smoothie for you - but any high speed blender will make a smoothie. vita-mix fronts like it can do "other things" and that's a load of crap. it's just a high speed blender with a tamper.

unfortunately those blixers start at about 3 times the cost of a vita-mix as well they should because they are 3 times better.

anyway i love my vita-mix but i know what it is - its a machine that makes drinks. anybody who really thinks VM or Blendtec is more than a drink maker is NAIVE - you have fallen for MARKETING BS.

LOOK AT THE SHAPE OF BLADES AND CONTAINERS IN FOOD PROCESSORS VERSUS BLENDERS - IT IS VERY DIFFERENT.

i am amused at people who cry about how their food processor spills over the top when they try to blend a shake in it or how their blender overheats when they make peanut butter - HELLO ? they weren't designed for that.

sure the marketing people will tell you that they were - they will tell you ANYTHING to sell the product - is this surprising ?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Robot Coupe Blixer - what VitaMix was supposed to be
Date: May 14, 2010 04:24AM

but this Blixer guy has a fatal flaw i think - it is too big. i don't think you could prepare reasonable sized servings in it. you would probably need to blend like 3 or 4 apples at a time - and i only want to blend one maybe.

oh well, guess we're stuck with food processors.

my mother has an upcoming birthday. i wanted to get her a food processor as she never had one but when i was looking at them ( home models ) they struck me as being too gimmicky and trying to do too many things and failing at mostly everything except chopping up food - which she is perfectly capable of doing herself.

if there was something like this blixer but smaller and cheaper ( MUCH cheaper ) - something simple but high performance. but i don't think there is.

anyway it's too late for this birthday - i already got the presents for this one, but the question remains open - what should we use to, say, make peanut butter ? or puree some apples ?

i realize u can do all of that in a cusinart but i CAN NOT force myself to buy a pile of garbage. by pile of garbage i don't mean that it is a bad product - i mean that it literally looks like a pile of garbage ! its just a huge heap of odd shaped pieces of plastic. WHERE IS THE ELEGANCE IN THAT ? how do you present somebody with a pile of plastic bits for their birthday ?

that would be like buying your 18 year old son a minivan for his first car. to me its just WRONG.

Re: Robot Coupe Blixer - what VitaMix was supposed to be
Date: May 14, 2010 05:37AM

now that i think about it, this Blixer is ghetto as well.

i would like more control over speed. instead of a single 3400 rpm or variable 370 to 3400 rpm speed i would like maybe variable 1,000 to 15,000 rpm adjustment.

ok screw it - good concept but half-assed execution.

so everything is garbage, just as it should have been - the world makes sense again, now i can finally relax smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables