Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Had my first green juice...
Posted by: Nubster ()
Date: May 15, 2010 12:35AM

I was pleasantly surprised. Made it pretty simple and beginner friendly...kale, spinach, carrot, celery, apple. Could have used a little more apple but it was still pretty good.

Had to do it ghetto style, in my cheap Kitchen Aid blender with a little water strained through a fine mesh colander. Not the most effective but it worked enough to give me a taste. I am going to grab some paint straining bags tomorrow and use that method until I can order my juicer. All said and done...I'm definitely a fan of green juice grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2010 12:36AM by Nubster.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Had my first green juice...
Posted by: Curator ()
Date: May 15, 2010 09:01AM

awesomesmiling smiley im weird, I thought of straining mine when I made it in my cheap blender, but in the end decided to just drink it all, pulp and everything, and oddly, I liked it,lol...but im sure many wouldnt... I used pretty much the same combination earlier today, but was out of apples as somebody ate them all, and used some really ripe oranges...

Date: May 15, 2010 04:27PM

I guess the only difference is you had a smoothie and I had juice. From what I am seeing, some prefer one over the other for various reasons. This morning I am trying it your way and doing a smoothie and I am adding oranges too. Should be good. I guess I just need to make sure I blend longer to make sure it is smooth.

Date: May 15, 2010 04:49PM

yeah, i think juice would be allot easier to drink, but since I dont have a juicer, its a pain in the butt to strain it...plus I like how filling it is too, doesnt leave me feeling like I want something heavier...

Date: May 15, 2010 08:26PM

Did the smoothie. Not as tasty as the juice but not bad. I think I will do juice most of the time with a smoothie here and there for a nice fiber kick. I just need to get that juicer ordered. I am getting ready to go outside to plant some more goodies in my garden including kale, mustard greens, broccoli (for the leaves as much as for the broccoli), swiss chard, and spinach. So in a couple months I will have some awesome homegrown organic greens at least. About the only way I can afford organic.

Date: May 16, 2010 01:39PM

Im envious of your garden space,lol... yeah, the texture is odd on the carrot smoothie, I only like it when I want something that feels more filling... plus its weird, but its the only way im able to eat whole carrots and digest them properly...

Date: May 16, 2010 05:18PM

I wish I had more. I have 20x20 foot space plus a couple raised beds in other parts of my yard. I am working on converting the entire plot into raised beds which will hopefully allow me next year to do maximum yield gardening.

Date: May 17, 2010 12:35AM

dang, yeah I currently have an area of about 5x5 and its in full shade all day... when i was a kid, we had 3/4 of an acre, and 3 tiny little garden beds that where like 5x8 and one my mom wanted filled with wild flowers, the other with strawberries, and the third I could do with what I want, I was always trying to convince them to let me turn the rest of the property into raised garden beds,lol... everytime my dad would complain about mowing all that grass, id suggest it, and he would be like "how bout I just make you mow all the grass" id tell him, if he let me use as much of the yard for a garden as i wanted, id mow what was left,lol... I never got another garden bed, except they did let me plant some raspberries in the corner, and 3 cherry trees near the apple that where already on the property...was better than nothing ^_^

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables