Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Adding other juice and/or water hurt green juice?
Posted by: Nubster ()
Date: May 20, 2010 09:19PM

I was researching juice feasting and watching some more videos on green juice and several people talked about beginners adding things to their green juice like apples, pears, carrots, ect until they could handle the taste of the straight greens juiced. So my take is that green juice should be made from 100% or very close to 100% greens. Is that correct? Will adding carrots or apple cause any harm in my green juice? I mean with the effects be reduced? Also, does adding water hurt? I am using the blender/strainer method of juicing now so I have to add water but even though there is water added I am still taking in the same amount of juice as if I were drinking the juice straight.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Adding other juice and/or water hurt green juice?
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: May 22, 2010 11:42PM

I guess I really don't understand how water or other raw juices could possibly hurt a green juice? You might dilute the flavor, but it wouldn't damage the juice (how could it?). But 100% greens would probably be impossible to swallow (although people do sometimes drink wheatgrass straight). The carrot or apple help to sweeten greens which are often bitter. I like Granny Smith apple, carrot, celery, parsley and ginger. Parsley is so nutricious that I don't feel like I have to juice a whole bunch of it to get the benefits.

Date: May 23, 2010 01:01AM

I guess what I mean is will the fruit or non-green veggies compete or in someway block or hinder the greens doing what they do?

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: May 23, 2010 07:43AM

Im not an expert on this...but I really dont see how they could...

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 14, 2010 03:52AM

I am new here and have gotten into juicing. I guess I am one of those weird people who drink straight wheat grass.. One this I have figured out is that adding a lemon to my green juice, and no other fruits make it a hit with the family. So much so I have to increase the amount of juice I am not processing. How much green juice is everyone drinking a day?

Date: June 14, 2010 05:13AM

I do at least a 32oz glass of it a day...sometimes twice a day if I am not lazy. Second one is usually in the form of a green juice with a banana blended in to make it more of a smoothie. Makes a great meal replacement too, especially if left a little chunky so there is something to chew.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables