Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Almond Milk/Juice
Posted by: VeganLife ()
Date: August 24, 2006 03:51AM

Hello all, what is the best to make almond milk or almond juice? (I want almond juice but I think its called almond milk... I am not sure.) I know someone that puts almonds in a Breville type juicer to get the juice out but he says that it takes very many almonds to do that... i was wondering idf there are better ways to do it.
Thanks for any reply!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Almond Milk/Juice
Posted by: life101 ()
Date: August 25, 2006 08:40AM

Hi,

It is called Almond milk. To make it, it takes about one cup of raw almonds soaked in water over night. You can peel the almonds after they are soaked or you can leave the peel on. I peel but it's work. Then take the cup of almonds and put them with about 2-3 cups of filtered water and blend in blender. Take a milk bag or cheese cloth/colander and pour the blended mixture through to a container. Use the almond mash for other recipes. You may put the milk back into the blender with dates or honey to sweeten it. Refrigerate if desired and drink.

I found this recipe from another post:

"I soak 1 cup of raw almonds overnight.
In the morning I drain, rinse, put the almonds in the blender with 3 cups of spring water, 1 tbsp vanilla, 1 tbsp raw honey.

After blending, strain (I use the mesh bag) the mixture and put into a glass bottle."

Good luck.
Therese

Re: Almond Milk/Juice
Posted by: VeganLife ()
Date: August 25, 2006 09:21AM

Thanks! I'll try it!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables